• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it Legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Legal?

I haven't had any feedback from my interview last week. I have now taken it as a hint that they are not interested. Is it legal not to get any feedback from an interview?

If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Yes

HTH BIDI

Alas one just has to move on. Though I once had a role where I got offered 3 months after the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      I haven't had any feedback from my interview last week. I have now taken it as a hint that they are not interested. Is it legal not to get any feedback from an interview?

This is totally illegal! You should phone the agent every five minutes until they give you an answer. They must also give you the client contact number so you can call them. It's acceptable for your mum to do this for you if you're too upset.

Again, do not take their answer at face value. Repeatedly ask 'WHY?" when given a reason why you did not get the contract. Finally, sue them for not giving you the job.

It's the only way to get anwhere these days.

Comment

For a quick and easy answer, you need to ask here.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I don't know why I clicked that.... I knew.... I just knew....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Bookmarked, thanks.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Sorry, with the spate of "Is this Legal" threads, I had to put the post up.

I've pretty much given up expecting feedback from the agency. Apparently the client is going through a 2nd phase of interviewing candidates to get the right fit. The agency can't say yes or now to whether I am on the shortlist for the 2nd phase or not.

I hope something comes up, as I can't be bothered to wait around for this one, even though it would be a great opportunity for me.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

These days I find that not getting interview feedback is becoming increasingly common. Now of course I'm not supid and I know that no contact from the agent means I didn't get the gig and the feedback would have been vague anyway but it's just common courtesy to let interviewees know the outcome.

I reported the last agent who couldnt be bothered to tell me to APSCO and REC, of which they were members, for flouting their code of practice. Of course the agent swore blind that they had contacted me but at least the reg body will look out for further problems. If you dont get treated with courtesy by an agent report them. There's plenty of agencies out there so you don't have to work for the bad ones.
                Last edited by bikeman; 10 July 2012, 14:41.

Comment

You need to take them to small claims court and claim for loss of earnings whilst you were waiting to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    This is totally illegal! You should phone the agent every five minutes until they give you an answer. They must also give you the client contact number so you can call them. It's acceptable for your mum to do this for you if you're too upset.

Again, do not take their answer at face value. Repeatedly ask 'WHY?" when given a reason why you did not get the contract. Finally, sue them for not giving you the job.

It's the only way to get anwhere these days.
                    Sage council indeed. What is the panel's view on playing the race/disability card if they don't cave in straight away?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X