• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Offices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Offices

I don't like post offices because I don't like queues, especially not those sorts of queues that snake all round the building like you have in post offices.

Now, I've just sold an item on eBay that needed packaging up and sending off courtesy of Royal Mail Parcels. I was pleasantly surprised to discover on their website that you can pay and print out all the labels on line. Then, you just go to your local office and hand it in through a window.

Or so I thought.

So, I went into Bath Post Office and there was the normal windy queue as usual but no obvious place to dispatch my parcel.

I enquired at a desk to be informed that I can't just leave my parcel - it has to be weighed and a dispatch note printed out. Oh, so where do I do that then? You've got it - join the back of the queue

Another lunchtime completely wasted stood in a queue.

At least it opens at lunchtime. German post offices used to close for lunch between 12 and 2pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      At least it opens at lunchtime. German post offices used to close for lunch between 12 and 2pm.
      Well a tleast you don't get to waste your lucnch hour!

Comment

Get someone to post it for you.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

I reserve a visceral loathing of Post Offices. It is like stepping back into the 1970's. Dirty grey decor last painted in 1978, bits of paper notices stuck all over the place; surly, miserable unhelpful staff and long bloody queues.

Next time you're in a village PO stop and think how much the world has changed since you were a kid, how much more efficient and sparkly the whole customer interface has become everywhere... except the bloody postoffice.

I can't wait until they all get closed down. Although i dunno how i'll post my all wife's shopping returns then...

Comment

Why were you daft enough to take it down at lunch time? As a contractor say I am popping out for 5 mins at about 10:00
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mupps View Post
              I reserve a visceral loathing of Post Offices. It is like stepping back into the 1970's. Dirty grey decor last painted in 1978, bits of paper notices stuck all over the place; surly, miserable unhelpful staff and long bloody queues.
              I like seeing random ads/notices, and I find the staff are friendly. Ours is fairly giant though with electronic "number 6" voices telling you what to do. More like Argos than a proper PO.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I like seeing random ads/notices, and I find the staff are friendly. Ours is fairly giant though with electronic "number 6" voices telling you what to do. More like Argos than a proper PO.
                I use sub-post offices.

Generally if I turn up at 9.30am or at 5pm there is max one person in the queue.

Though around Xmas everyone seems to get the same f***ing idea and turn up with their parcels which they can't afford to post to the other side of the world except by ship but they have to have a 10 minute discussion about it with the counter staff.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                  I don't like post offices because I don't like queues, especially not those sorts of queues that snake all round the building like you have in post offices.

Now, I've just sold an item on eBay that needed packaging up and sending off courtesy of Royal Mail Parcels. I was pleasantly surprised to discover on their website that you can pay and print out all the labels on line. Then, you just go to your local office and hand it in through a window.

Or so I thought.

So, I went into Bath Post Office and there was the normal windy queue as usual but no obvious place to dispatch my parcel.

I enquired at a desk to be informed that I can't just leave my parcel - it has to be weighed and a dispatch note printed out. Oh, so where do I do that then? You've got it - join the back of the queue

Another lunchtime completely wasted stood in a queue.
                  Had that problem a while ago in Leeds. 5 minutes stood in the queue and I realised that there was a separate desk for sending post special or recorded or whatever its called and there was no queue there!
                  So I paid an extra fiver and got out 30 minutes quicker
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X