• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, hands up if..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, hands up if..

your stupid enough to get off the train at Dusseldorf airport and leave your laptop bag containing house keys, full bank details and macbook onboard.... doh

password changing night anyone?

luckily I have Hidden installed on the macbook and so any scum that might feel like it's a good steal will soon have their location and photo taken.

here's hoping...
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I have always waited in my life to come across a muppet so big as to get off the train and forgetting his valuable possessions on the train. Thanks for confirming my belief that there are stupid people on this planet.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

, hope it works out okay.

Looking on the bright side, you may now be qualified to work in top government, police or military posts. Stick it on your CV.

Comment

as expected, lots of sympathy.

Not that it helps but the train was running late, I was stressing about catching the flight (which turned out to be delayed) and therefore forgot the 2nd piece of luggage, if only I was as perfect in all ways as you fa then this wouldn*t have happened.

As luck has it, the bank account details are reset, main passwords also and the only thing that costs is the replacement of house keys and macbook both of which are covered by insurance, so being a muppet (which I agree I was in this instance), but a muppet with insurance, has covered my back.

It makes you realise how vulnerable you are when you consider how much information you carry around in your laptop and that the login password is the first defence against general scum (or idiots who leave it for the taking depending on how you see it).

Comment

Teach you for using a Mac.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Teach you for using a Mac.
            I wasn't using it at the time, hence that I forgot it was on the rack above my head, and owning a PC would make the difference

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              I wasn't using it at the time, hence that I forgot it was on the rack above my head, and owning a PC would make the difference
              Absolutely.

A Macbook is a form of instant gratification. You press a button, it bursts into life working in all it's glory quickly & efficiently.

A Windows laptop is like a lifetime sentence. You press a button. 20 minutes later it drags itself to life with as much effort as Suityou on the 1st day of a new contract, slovenly & inefficient.

No-one forgets they've got a f**king Windows laptop.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

ermm no button pressing, you open the laptop lid and it's on (well at the password screen)

Comment

Sorry I didnt realise you wanted lot of sympathy. Come here you..
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

ahh shucks.. thanks

no, no sympathy needed really. I don't expect to post I've been an idiot on a public forum and get hugs n kisses. Annoying as it is but one of those things in life. I was stoopid.

Comment

Working...
                    X