• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Debt...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: Debt...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4997170.stm

Milan.

And your point is Milan?

Debt is a fact of life.

Now lend us a fiver until pay day, there's a good chap.

Comment

Isn't a restaurant in London a British Restaurant...think the poor love is confused...

Her contract came to an abrupt end...fired presumably

Pregnant in November as planned...what, did she have a project plan with key milestones???

She needs the rent on her buy-to-let properties through her pregnancy, can't be mortgaged that much then can it...otherwise the rent wouldn't cover it!!

How the bank manager can suggest that she hadn't thought through the timing of her pregnancy I'll never know...had she not seen the project plan???

'I know that the public view of debtors is that they are profligate - spending money they don't have in the shops. My position could not be further from this often mistaken impression'...oh, she is so much above that, she is someone who tried to make her millions by investing in property and businesses, we should be applauding her and not treating her the same as someone who is struggling to buy their kids a christmas present due to a low wage and in the process getting into debt!!! Obviously...

Why won't her creditors let her take a year off without incurring any interest, how unreasonable of them...don't they know how she has been a victim of poor luck....

Very bored today and victims like this get right up my nose...I've had debts and do you know what, they were all my fault...no poor luck involved!! Most of my friends have debts, and they are to blame as well, funnily enough...of course some people have bad luck and that causes debt...start a new job, have an accident and not be able to work for 6 months and no sick pay entitlement...thats bad luck.

I simply can't sympathise with anyone who acts the victim when they are an IT freelancer (reasonably good wage and above national average) and when they have 3 properties and a restaurant...

This has got right up my nose...

Comment

So basically then, the woman has got in a muddle and is having a whinge about it

Comment

Yep.

A middle class sob story.

Bloody greedy middle classes. Most of them don't pay any tax you know.

About time the government sorted them out.

Comment

Just another example of "I am the victim here".
            Sounds like they could sell off their assets and make a reasonable fist of becoming solvent.
            She seems to think she is entitled to the business lifestyle without the work involved. She also doesn't seem to recognise that she has cocked up.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Getting more pissed off by the minute...

Feel very sorry for the child...

Silly cow...

Comment

Yes, asking to be excused a year of interest payments is rather cheeky. However, I have more sympathy for the likes of her than I for those who piss the money away on holidays, cars, gadgets and then blame the banks for giving the money to them in the frst place.

Comment

I can't have sympathy for either frankly...

I pissed all my money away on holidays, cars, and gadgets...and to this day I thank the bank for giving me the money!!! I then spent a year paying it all off and have remained debt free for 2 years...and actually have some savings which worries me...I'm obviously getting old!!!!

But I have never...never blamed anyone else...not even my ex-wife, it was my choice to marry her...(although the vicar should not have agreed to marry us, he was old and wise and must have realised I was too young to make such a decision...lol)!

Just cannot abide victims...reminds me of working in a large corporate!!

Grrrrrr....

Comment

My understanding is that if one becomes overwhelmed by debt through no fault of ones own , eg coke and whore habit, then there is a government agency to which you can transfer the outstanding debts see www.cokewhoredebts.ukgov for the details.

NB The above relief scheme is NOT available to those who have squandered money through business related startup ventures, child raising etc

Comment

Working...
                    X