• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loving this 'ere bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving this 'ere bench

After 9 years of working pretty much straight with minimal hols i'm finally on the bench and what sweet timing.

Yesterday, hit the beer garden at dinner with Mrs Durbs, had some top pub grub and a stella and decided it was so nice we'd stick around drinking in the sun. Just heading off now to repeat and planning on repeating for the forseeable future given the forecast. Good times.

I'd considered hitting JobSwerve but then thought feck it, i'm going to do tulip all for a month or two bar eating good food and getting p1ssed. Long overdue.

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    After 9 years of working pretty much straight with minimal hols i'm finally on the bench and what sweet timing.

Yesterday, hit the beer garden at dinner with Mrs Durbs, had some top pub grub and a stella and decided it was so nice we'd stick around drinking in the sun. Just heading off now to repeat and planning on repeating for the forseeable future given the forecast. Good times.

I'd considered hitting JobSwerve but then thought feck it, i'm going to do tulip all for a month or two bar eating good food and getting p1ssed. Long overdue.
    Enjoy!

one day at a time

Comment

And i was just going to start a thread saying how good working from home is!! I'm in the garden, the girls have their paddling pool out, laptop and cold drink under the brollie!

All i need to do now is work out how to tan under the moob line...
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        And i was just going to start a thread saying how good working from home is!! I'm in the garden, the girls have their paddling pool out, laptop and cold drink under the brollie!

All i need to do now is work out how to tan under the moob line...
        Pierce each breast with pieces of bone "A man called horse stylee"...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          Pierce each breast with pieces of bone "A man called horse stylee"...

I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I face the prospect of serious bench time later this year and after working almost constantly for 8 years I know I actually need a break.

I've always wondered how I would handle it, i.e. not working after working so hard for 8 years (and quite hard the previous 8 as a permie).

I reckon I'll worry and panic and get depressed from being out of work, when actually I should be taking a leaf out of your book! I am however looking forward to a rest and quality time with the kids (less so the wife, blah).

Is it harder to spend big money (i.e. not just a few pints) when you're not working?

Comment

Work out how much money you will need for the break. Put that in a separate account with a debit card and go enjoy your life.

Comment

I'm planning to take the rest of 2012 off to catch up on certs and just basically scratch my balls after working without a holiday for 18 months, but I know the mind games will start on the first day of not working.

Comment

Working...
                X