• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forget that unstylish aluminium foil hat.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget that unstylish aluminium foil hat.

Here's a much more friendly material.

http://www.shieldextrading.net/pdfs/Medtex%20180.pdf

Guaranteed proof.

The pressure of soldering 104 surface mount leds onto veroboard, stringing them together, producing a dozen speed controller boards for some little dc motors, and designing & making a PIC microcontroller board to make some of the leds fade up & down took a bit of time.

I felt rather as if I was working in a Chinese Xmas lights factory for a while.

And, at the end of it, I couldn't understand the software I wrote about 2 years ago that did the fade up/down business.

I hate it when that happens.

Hope the flickery result doesn't cause too many epileptic fits.

They may be dropping like flies on Saturday afternoon then.

At the exhibition of work.

"My" next project involves conductive thread and materials (like the hat thing above).

Dunno how I get involved in this stuff, but one thing is certain, I ain't doing any more Xmas lights.

Nosiree Bob.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 16 May 2017, 14:50.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Here's a much more friendly material.

http://www.shieldextrading.net/pdfs/Medtex%20180.pdf

Guaranteed proof.
    Glad to see you back posting.

The girls were getting quite concerned about you
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Hope the flickery result doesn't cause too many epileptic fits.
      Liar

Comment

"My" next project involves conductive thread and materials (like the hat thing above).

Dunno how I get involved in this stuff, but one thing is certain, I ain't doing any more Xmas lights.

Nosiree Bob.
        I showed you where to get the LED tapes and (wink wink) Xmas tree lights can come with both rheostats and voltage-controlled oscillators to save you building them

Comment

Nosiree Bob.
          There's an idea, outsource your manufacturing to India.

Comment

Working...
          X