• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off shoring gets the nod from the government. Again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off shoring gets the nod from the government. Again.

Grayling suggests a lack of skilled IT workforce in Britain

Grayling said that firms were being forced to go abroad for IT work as the skill base on key technologies “resides overseas, and not necessarily in the UK”.
    Background: UK IT workers betrayed by George Osborne
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Nonsense. the bigger problem is a bloated bureaucracy that invents ridiculously ambiguous legislation like IR35 that insists all the resident skilled people are bl**dy 'employees' and an unnecessarily complex tax system that kills free enterprise and entrepreneurship.
    Yeah, that should attract the 'best and the brightest'. the only thing it might attract is cheapness ICT's in the short term until they turn out to be a bigger ongoing cost in the long run.

Comment

Maybe the government look at CUK and get the impression the whole UK IT sector is a bunch of arrogant, opinionated buffoons.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

no its a self fulfilling prophecy, give the work to overseas people and the local talent will lose their skills and that is exactly whats happen

did i miss the box on the ballot paper that said f uck you and all the other citizens of this country, because someone somewhere seems to have ticked it

Comment

I happened to switch on Sky News today and saw Cameron banging on about the numbers of tax dodgers that had been discovered using limited companies to avoid paying tax, which I assumed was his ongoing war against contractors and pushing ICTs.

Comment

infosys seem to have been caught out in the states

Infosys accused of smuggling Indian workers into US - Whistleblower outs company | TechEye

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

IT services companies here in the UK, which have been accused of abusing Intra Company Transfer visas to ship in low paid talent from India,
              The reception area of an office I worked in used to be full of 'talent' fresh off the overnight flight every Monday morning. They'd get divvied up from there like evacuees from the blitz.
              Last edited by bless 'em all; 24 May 2012, 07:19. Reason: typo

Comment

To be honest, if you lot didn't have such overinflated egos and charged a more reasonable rate for your services we wouldn't need to look further afield in our quest for value for money.

Just saying, like.

Comment

Another load of bellwhiff!

A quick glance a jobswerve shows there's a lack of IT jobs not a skills shortage.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

“Off-shoring of work by our IT service providers is not a matter for the Department for Work and Pensions.”

It wil be when people start claiming for benefits once their job has up sticks!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X