• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is it hot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it hot?

baby BP just asked his first sensible question ever!

thanks to letterland he now knows all his letters - he picked them up over the last week. Shame that letterland died a death - I think it is brilliant.

just a pity he can't get the potty training really - I suppose he will do it when he is good and ready.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    baby BP just asked his first sensible question ever!

thanks to letterland he now knows all his letters - he picked them up over the last week. Shame that letterland died a death - I think it is brilliant.

just a pity he can't get the potty training really - I suppose he will do it when he is good and ready.
    Baby mini scooby wont take to the potty either, she's a proper nightmare! MiL reckons we should smack her with a wooden spoon every time she goes in her nappy...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Ha ha, cute!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        Baby mini scooby wont take to the potty either, she's a proper nightmare! MiL reckons we should smack her with a wooden spoon every time she goes in her nappy...
        That is strictly forbideden these days and will lead to social services!

We got baby bp to do his wees by giving chocolate - is there some sort of similar incentive you could give?

Alternativel, try getting a job where you do alot of travelling then you don't have to worry!

Comment

That is strictly forbideden these days and will lead to social services!

We got baby bp to do his wees by giving chocolate - is there some sort of similar incentive you could give?

Alternativel, try getting a job where you do alot of travelling then you don't have to worry!
          Bought a Jelly Bean machine at Qatar airport in Jan on way home. Worked for a few months on and off...

I'll put that approach to wifey, I think i can feel the kick in the nuts already!!
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Quite an attractive option to smack the MiL with a spoon every time baby goes in her nappy.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Quite an attractive option to smack the MiL with a spoon every time baby goes in her nappy.

But attitudes have changed alot over the years. Someone wrote to the Daily Mail in 1926 to ask how to stop the child waking up in the night. The official advice was a sound spanking!

Though I am not convinced the DAily Wail 2012 would be much different if they were honest.

Comment

But attitudes have changed alot over the years. Someone wrote to the Daily Mail in 1926 to ask how to stop the child waking up in the night. The official advice was a sound spanking!

Though I am not convinced the DAily Wail 2012 would be much different if they were honest.
                We had the GingerKid(tm) sleeping through the night quite quickly, but he still got up early in the morning and was raiding the kitchen cupboards. He figured out the child-proof catches quickly enough so we had to invite a GROAK to live in the cupboard nearest the kitchen door. The fear of having his fingers eaten off has kept him out of the kitchen for a year or more now.

Now all we need to do is get him using the loo for solids ..... ffs he starts school in September!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  Now all we need to do is get him using the loo for solids ..... ffs he starts school in September!
                  Sort of the same here. Starts reception in SEp though was born on Sep 19th so will be one of oldest.

So far at least he asks for a nappy on when he wants to do a poo.

Generally boys are later to potty train than girls.

In our area we have a continence nurse and get free nappies. For aged 4+. Its a large help.

Comment

Working...
                  X