• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer Service - Top and Bottom of scale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Service - Top and Bottom of scale

OK, so made a stupid mistake this week and order some incorrect RAM from Amazon. Completed the online returns process immediately and returned same day. Now as this was my fault, i expected to cover the next day postage of £8. I received an email at 8am saying the product had been received and is being processed. By 9am they had refunded everything including the postage.

This is the 2nd return. The first one was 6mths ago for a kindle that had been purchased in the US and stopped working. The guy on the phone went out of his way to get it sorted, even called me back twice to update. The replacement arrived the day after with no fuss. Definitely the best service you can ask for!!

Aviva pensions - Just phoned up as the communication i received in the process of transferring and consolidating my pensions to them. After 5mins I explained they already had everything they needed, and had had it since January. I explained several times to her that the forms I had in front were not what she was talking about and we're confusing each other. She got a little snotty, i stayed calm. Eventually she realised tehy had sent me the correct forms, even though the process had been moved on in Feb. She will send it on. Then click... Not even a bye, sorry or kiss my fat call centre arse!

Wouldnt mind but it was a UK call centre.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    OK, so made a stupid mistake this week and order some incorrect RAM from Amazon. Completed the online returns process immediately and returned same day. Now as this was my fault, i expected to cover the next day postage of £8. I received an email at 8am saying the product had been received and is being processed. By 9am they had refunded everything including the postage.

This is the 2nd return. The first one was 6mths ago for a kindle that had been purchased in the US and stopped working. The guy on the phone went out of his way to get it sorted, even called me back twice to update. The replacement arrived the day after with no fuss. Definitely the best service you can ask for!!

Aviva pensions - Just phoned up as the communication i received in the process of transferring and consolidating my pensions to them. After 5mins I explained they already had everything they needed, and had had it since January. I explained several times to her that the forms I had in front were not what she was talking about and we're confusing each other. She got a little snotty, i stayed calm. Eventually she realised tehy had sent me the correct forms, even though the process had been moved on in Feb. She will send it on. Then click... Not even a bye, sorry or kiss my fat call centre arse!

Wouldnt mind but it was a UK call centre.
    Amazon are the best for customer service without a doubt.

Worse I've experienced - Santander, ebuyer (******* idiots they are!)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Amazon Customer Service

Amazon are the best for customer service without a doubt.

+1

Comment

There is a dark side to Amazon though, I know a few authors that really get a bad deal from Amazon where in some cases they refuse to sell through them as they'd lose money for every book they sell

For consumers though they're great
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

If you're used to dealing / working with call centres and CSRs you'll soon discover how to get the best out of them. It's like foreign taxi drivers with tourists. If you look like your clueless and lost then they're
          going to take the long way.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I switched my telephone from TalkTalk to Primus...or so I thought. Talk talk did their billing properly but I noticed that Primus hadn't even sent a bill even two months after I'd swapped over. Well then I got a bill from TalkTalk, but only for the calls.

So I'm thinking who cocked up here, Primus or TalkTalk.

I contacted talkTalk and even though I was shouting at them, they remained polite and told me what had happend...Primus has taken the line but not the calls. calls were still going over the talktalk network.

I then contacted Primus who indicated "everything okay", they then went on to claim that it was actually my fault. WTF!! I blew up at them and they still went on about how it was nothing to do with them and no...I wouldn't get any compensation. They then hung up.

See the calls I was making were within my free inclusive time in the evenings and weekends..so if Primus had their act together I would not have been charged for those calls.

I now have to write up a OfCom complaint.. Last time I spoke to those turds they told me to go through the supplier's customer service first....which I had already exhausted.

Ain't this country great! Just fob people off until the give up...now that's how to make a buck.
            Last edited by lilelvis2000; 24 May 2012, 19:29.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              If you're used to dealing / working with call centres and CSRs you'll soon discover how to get the best out of them. It's like foreign taxi drivers with tourists. If you look like your clueless and lost then they're
              going to take the long way.

Luckily, MF, being expert in most things and experienced in all others, you do know how to get the best out of them. And foreign taxi drivers.

Gosh, I wish I were you.

Apart from being an overweight pompous arse, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                See the calls I was making were within my free inclusive time in the evenings and weekends..so if Primus had their act together I would not have been charged for those calls.

I now have to write up a OfCom complaint.. Last time I spoke to those turds they told me to go through the supplier's customer service first....which I had already exhausted.

Ain't this country great! Just fob people off until the give up...now that's how to make a buck.
                Just phone OFCOM it's quicker.

Officially you are suppose to use Primus' arbitrators and you have to give Primus something like 13 weeks to look at your claim.

However you can threat to take Primus to the small claims court as it's quicker. I've done this with a few telecoms operators and they pay up/sort the issue out immediately.

You need to do the threat in writing and send the letter by recorded delivery giving them 21 days to give you the reasonable amount you want i.e. the cost of the calls plus about £25 for your administration costs.

If they don't pay up by the 21st day then start a claim via moneyclaim online and think of the great publicity you can get for Primus if you do go to court.

BTW Both Talk talk and Primus are well-renown for their customer service (or lack off.)
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

BT, *******. I asked to up my Broadband speed. Yup they said, then cancelled my telephone broadband altogether. I then had to call many, many bobs at their call centre, who simply said, all the time, hold please, then never come back. I eventually found an English number by going into a BT office in Cardiff, and it took 5 weeks to get it sorted out. Asking for Compensation, I was, initially, offered £10 as good will. Eventually, via solicitors letters, got £300.

Aviva - Bathroom leak. We'll fix the leak, but not the damage we cause to get to the leak. Damage was ripping the side of a new whirlpool bath and ripping out some brick work. Couldn't believe it.

This country has no idea of customer service and some firms I'#ll never show my money to again.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    I switched my telephone from TalkTalk to Primus...or so I thought. Talk talk did their billing properly but I noticed that Primus hadn't even sent a bill even two months after I'd swapped over. Well then I got a bill from TalkTalk, but only for the calls.

So I'm thinking who cocked up here, Primus or TalkTalk.

I contacted talkTalk and even though I was shouting at them, they remained polite and told me what had happend...Primus has taken the line but not the calls. calls were still going over the talktalk network.

I then contacted Primus who indicated "everything okay", they then went on to claim that it was actually my fault. WTF!! I blew up at them and they still went on about how it was nothing to do with them and no...I wouldn't get any compensation. They then hung up.

Similar experience with primus - forget about them. Yes, complete bellends.

And while we're on the subject dont get me started on EDF or the RAC.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X