• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project management training.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project management training.........

Afternoon, just wondering have anyone done the PMP certification or Prince 2 training or even both!

I am just starting to look at them and wonder whoch is better / more rated on a CV....

Thanks

Depends, what are you trying to achieve? Public sector work? P2. Working with US companies etc, PMP.

Personally had P2 which expired 2yrs ago and it doesnt make you a PM...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Prince 2 is pretty well known and whatever you do most work is in some kind of project so always worthwhile having it on your CV to show you understand project work and process behind it even if you are not directly related to the management of it. For the price I thought it was well worthwhile.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Many thanks. I suppose I am looking to the future when I want to move out of the financial sector, and need to be able to show some methodology standards....

I do agree, qualifications do not make PM's

Comment

Agile is another one, ITIL is good to have as well. Depends what you want.

I got P2/Agile/ITIL and ISEB BA foundation, did a bit of PMO stuff then got a BA gig (which was my original aim).

Certs don't make you a PM/BA/whatever but they can get you in the door so you can become one
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Agile is another one, ITIL is good to have as well. Depends what you want.

I got P2/Agile/ITIL and ISEB BA foundation, did a bit of PMO stuff then got a BA gig (which was my original aim).

Certs don't make you a PM/BA/whatever but they can get you in the door so you can become one

Don't do ITIL!!

Keep away from it!!

That's an order!!

Tone

Comment

Working...
            X