• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration at record level

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration at record level

New figures show immigration is at second highest level ever
    The broken pledges of immigration: Coalition promised to cut net migration to under 100,000. Yesterday, it hit 252,000 | Mail Online

And that's despite Cameron not counting ICTs and letting unlimited numbers in.

Why do we even bother with border 'controls'?

There's only one solution. All those who can should leave the country immediately, in order to reduce the overall population.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

We don't
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        There's only one solution. All those who can should leave the country immediately, in order to reduce the overall population.
        Only unless they don't intend to return, HMRC have it sewn up quite well with some countries in relation to DTA
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Just goes to show that politicians despise the electorate every bit as much as we hate them.

Comment

Just goes to show that politicians despise the electorate every bit as much as we hate them.
            You got it in one, why else would they let cheap labour flood into the country, I've had nothing but form filling since I got here and they're intent on making sure as much of my money goes back into the Swiss economy as possible that's why the franc is seen as secure.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              You got it in one, why else would they let cheap labour flood into the country, I've had nothing but form filling since I got here and they're intent on making sure as much of my money goes back into the Swiss economy as possible that's why the franc is seen as secure.
              I thought the franc was no longer seen that way .. didn't they peg it to the Euro?

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
                I thought the franc was no longer seen that way .. didn't they peg it to the Euro?
                Yep, pegged at 1.2

Comment

The broken pledges of immigration: Coalition promised to cut net migration to under 100,000. Yesterday, it hit 252,000 | Mail Online

And that's despite Cameron not counting ICTs and letting unlimited numbers in.

The article uses figures of all immigration but surely the whole point of the EU is you're not allowed to stop other EU nationals moving freely between countries? Or are you? If not the only way to get a migration deficit is to make the country unappealing to live in in which case increased migration implies the government are doing a good job

Also, it's not at a record level. Even the DM is more accurate than you!!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Presumably the flood is going to turn into a deluge as Greece/Europe falls. And we can prop up mass immigration, while employment is rising and the public sector yet to be culled, using unsustainable debt, so everything should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X