• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canary Islands - any tips?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canary Islands - any tips?

Following constant nagging from Miss Booby, I’m taking September off. Thinking of Tenerife as don’t like the weather too hot; it’s a long time since I’ve been to the Canary Islands. Does anyone have any advice on any suitable resorts please? The last time I visited the Canary Islands on a ‘Lads’ holiday, had a brief encounter with a few ‘Lady Boys’ so would like a resort to avoid any possible re-occurrence and somewhere with a bookies and near a golf course.

TIA.

one day at a time

This looks contractor friendly:
    Abama Hotel Resort - Top 100 Golf Courses of Spain

Not sure about a bookies, it's not what I usually look for on holiday, do you have an internet account?

Comment

Are there any "Bookies" in Tenerife?

"There are a few but obviously cannot be identified in public.

Major no no in Tenerife."

Irish pubs will usually take a bet

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
        This looks contractor friendly:
        Abama Hotel Resort - Top 100 Golf Courses of Spain

Not sure about a bookies, it's not what I usually look for on holiday, do you have an internet account?
        Thanks for the link – sounds excellent.

I have a few mobile betting apps, but a few hours at the bookies is a good excuse to escape the Booby (and the sun) for a few hours without coming back drunk.

one day at a time

Comment

Canary Islands

Any tips?

Yep, fly over them at ~36000ft on your way to Rio.

Comment

Check out the camping site on the south of the island as I've been thinking of staying there, or look for suitable wild camping spots, ideally near a shop as there are no streams. Not so much a tip as a request.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
              Following constant nagging from Miss Booby, I’m taking September off. Thinking of Tenerife as don’t like the weather too hot; it’s a long time since I’ve been to the Canary Islands. Does anyone have any advice on any suitable resorts please? The last time I visited the Canary Islands on a ‘Lads’ holiday, had a brief encounter with a few ‘Lady Boys’ so would like a resort to avoid any possible re-occurrence and somewhere with a bookies and near a golf course.

TIA.

Erm, it will still be hot in Tenerife in September!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Check out the camping site on the south of the island as I've been thinking of staying there, or look for suitable wild camping spots, ideally near a shop as there are no streams. Not so much a tip as a request.
                Not sure about camping as there could be some nasties in the undergrowth but I’ll do a bit of research.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Erm, it will still be hot in Tenerife in September!
                The trade winds generally keep the temperatures comfortable.

one day at a time

Comment

Canary Islands General Tips - Reviews - VirtualTourist
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Los Cristianos has been mentioned but looks a bit too close to Playa de las Americas for comfort. Full of bobs selling tulip on the streets.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X