• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a scorcher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a scorcher

it's been today.

I think that dropped down on my forehead, owwww, cycling makes you burn!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

People round our way are starting to moan now.

So pleased we have a/c at home.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        People round our way are starting to moan now.

So pleased we have a/c at home.....
        I tried the A/C on my Ford Focus the other day and it was about as cooling as a gnats breath. Leaving the windows open is more effective. Maybe if I left it running for half an hour on internal circulate or something it might eventually work, but that's a long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I tried the A/C on my Ford Focus the other day and it was about as cooling as a gnats breath. Leaving the windows open is more effective. Maybe if I left it running for half an hour on internal circulate or something it might eventually work, but that's a long wait.
          You should have driven a TVR Griff in summer: press the a/c button, which invariably used to pop off into the driver's footwell, you were then presented with the briefest whiff of Mr Whippy's ice cream cold air before the old girl would boil her knickers dry.

Halcyon days... until the Tuscan!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            You should have driven a TVR Griff in summer: press the a/c button, which invariably used to pop off into the driver's footwell, you were then presented with the briefest whiff of Mr Whippy's ice cream cold air before the old girl would boil her knickers dry.

Halcyon days... until the Tuscan!
            Funnily enough the aircon in my S2000 works perfectly. And the roof goes down in 6 seconds.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Get it recharged.

I am not a mechanic though so don't blame me if it blows up or something.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Funnily enough the aircon in my S2000 works perfectly. And the roof goes down in 6 seconds.
                As an aficionado about all that is TVRs, I will still say VectraMan, you lucky bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Get it recharged.

I am not a mechanic though so don't blame me if it blows up or something.
                  WHS

My old Focus would blow cold in minutes and too cold in 10. I didn't even have to use the recirculate on it to speed up the cooling process.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Makes me laugh people moaning about the weather. It's as though no one is happy. Me? Couldn't be happier, and I hope it stays this way or hotter...

Comment

Working...
                    X