• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sods Law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sods Law

Market seemed a bit dry so I reluctantly accepted a 3 month extension this week.
    Since then my email inbox and voice mail inbox has been almost spammed by agents with juicy looking contracts for me
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Market seemed a bit dry so I reluctantly accepted a 3 month extension this week.
    Since then my email inbox and voice mail inbox has been almost spammed by agents with juicy looking contracts for me
    Typical, you spend all night looking for a prositute to take home, eventually having to settle for Nomadds mum, only to find on the next street you could have the pick of his sister & her cousins.

You never know.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      it's a bummer. thats for sure.

whats the opposite though ? spawny bastids law ?

I finished a six monther about ten years ago, on a good rate, for a good client, for a decent agent.
      perfect, now for three months off getting pissed and travelling abroad.

On my way up the M1 on the last day, the decent agent rings me
      you got a new start monday morning on technolgy x, six months, same rate

me - 'first off I want three months off, second I dont know technolgy x, third how can I do an interview before monday ??'

decent agent -'i'll get back to you'

agent - 'ok start at 9 on monday, no experience required, no interview, six months, rate is 1.5x what you just had'

paid for my house that gig did, and I learned a massive new skill set on the job. which is the best way.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        it's a bummer. thats for sure.

whats the opposite though ? spawny bastids law ?

I finished a six monther about ten years ago, on a good rate, for a good client, for a decent agent.
        perfect, now for three months off getting pissed and travelling abroad.

On my way up the M1 on the last day, the decent agent rings me
        you got a new start monday morning on technolgy x, six months, same rate

me - 'first off I want three months off, second I dont know technolgy x, third how can I do an interview before monday ??'

decent agent -'i'll get back to you'

agent - 'ok start at 9 on monday, no experience required, no interview, six months, rate is 1.5x what you just had'

paid for my house that gig did, and I learned a massive new skill set on the job. which is the best way.

Well I think the old adage applies: better the devil you know, then make a rash decision and blow the continuity of income. Or something.

Bestest of luck to you, SC, old boy.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I prefer taking extensions to be honest, as they look better. Seen so many people who have 3 months here, 6 months there, that you end up thinking you ain't that good. Better off getting 9 -18 months here and there, as it shows you've been extended, so must be ok. Sometimes, it's better to plan for the future on a few quid less. imo

Comment

Working...
          X