• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lovely Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely Day

Who else is stuck inside working?

Only reason I can justify it is that its a plan B client and they accepted my "I'm not sure I've got time for this" quote
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Who else is stuck inside working?
    Outside playing with my mini digger. had to come inside for a bit to cool down.

For some reason that sounds so very wrong

Any, back to trenching
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

P****d off. Beautiful weather and can't persuade husband (and therefore son) to budge from in front of the telly.

'Nothing stopping you' is the response I get when I suggest that being outside enjoying the sun is what most families will be doing this weekend.

Feck it, I'm going out on my bike.

Comment

Not everyone enjoys the sun. Some people find it makes them a bit sweaty, and vampires turn to dust.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Not everyone enjoys the sun. Some people find it makes them a bit sweaty, and vampires turn to dust.

Hate the sun, happily watching the qualifying with curtains firmly closed.

Am hoping it cools down soon.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Back inside. 7m of trench dug.
            Just too hot and now I can feel the skin burning on my legs (shorts on)

Ice cold can and some telly now. will have to finish the trench in the morning 8-10am when that part of the garden is in shade from the conifers.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              P****d off. Beautiful weather and can't persuade husband (and therefore son) to budge from in front of the telly.

'Nothing stopping you' is the response I get when I suggest that being outside enjoying the sun is what most families will be doing this weekend.

Find another fella.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                Find another fella.

HTH

I'm available on weekends

VHTH

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

Dropped the missus, daughter and MIL at the train station first thing so they can go to London. Then me and my son have been out in the Sun at an outdoor Artisans market followed with a view beers and a meal in the garden at the local pub. Beautifully behaved 3 year old who said 'cheers' and clinked his blackcurrant with my first pint.

Children's birthday party at 2.30
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Hate the sun, happily watching the qualifying with curtains firmly closed.

Am hoping it cools down soon.
                    Misery. I'm assuming you have a pet flying monkey and melt if you get wet.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X