• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 32 Sexiest, Tastiest, Creepiest And Craziest Economic Indicators In The World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 32 Sexiest, Tastiest, Creepiest And Craziest Economic Indicators In The World

The 32 Sexiest, Tastiest, Creepiest And Craziest Economic Indicators In The World - Business Insider

There are many odd indicators that are arguably more reliable than some of the data that we get from the government.

Many investors use them to guide their views on the economy. And sometimes, they are spot on.
    Forget technical analysis, fundamental analysis and all that malarky, the "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Indicator" is all you need to know
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Forget technical analysis, fundamental analysis and all that malarky, the "Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Indicator" is all you need to know
    That's just about the only one where I can't see a logical explanation.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Brill, Definitely a step towards the theory of everything.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Keynes must be pleased:

“The contractual terms of prostitution are short (an hour, a night) and entry to the industry is unconstrained,” he says. “That means that the prices are very flexible.”

Price Collapse

True enough. His argument is that since the prices have collapsed by about two-thirds in a year, Latvia and the other Baltic states are still in big trouble with deflation lurking.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X