• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents - North West

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents - North West

OK, I know that the terms are mutually exclusive, but who are the half decent agents based oop north? I'm on the bench at the moment and want to look for commutable work. Has anybody got any recommendations.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

It's grim oop north lad.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      It's grim oop north lad.
      It is that lad, it is indeed.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        OK, I know that the terms are mutually exclusive, but who are the half decent agents based oop north? I'm on the bench at the moment and want to look for commutable work. Has anybody got any recommendations.
        I have (in the distant passed) worked through both of these companies who were equally as good (paid on time, contactable etc.)

http://www.nescogroup.com/

http://www.spring.com/home/

Good luck

Comment

past

Comment

Aye....

We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Spell checkers!

Comment

I would just like to confirm to all you Southerners and foreigners that it is true, it IS "grim up north".
                It constantly rains. So much so that should one decide to wear a wide brimmed hat one would be beaten into the ground.
                Once beyond Watford you enter a different time zone and need to reset your time piece accordingly. 1842 should be about right with some regional variations.
                Don't expect to be able to use the telephone unless you have a mobile as the natives are still making bangles out of the wires. Should you have a mobile be careful where you use it for fear of being swung from the walls of Lancaster castle as a Witch.
                Please do not ride a motorbike in the North either. It upsets the locals, they think it is the Roundheads coming back.
                Northerners are ill educated, probably due to the fact that they all left school (which they never attended) and reported for chimney cleaning duties aged 10. Many suffer from diseases which were wiped out in the modern world years ago.
                They all wear cloth caps and race Whippets at the weekend.
                All roads are cobbled and that includes the motorway.

I would suggest you remain in the Southern part of the UK and enjoy the ammenities in Londinium.

HTH.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

That explains why the South is so full of Northerners then. Did they all walk down, I wonder...?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                    That explains why the South is so full of Northerners then. Did they all walk down, I wonder...?
                    How else would one get anywhere? Those horseless carriages are death traps and one would suffocate on the train.

Have you never heard of the Jarrow Marchers? a fine tradition!

Is it true the streets of London are paved with gold? What a magnificent sight to behold.

What news from the front?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X