• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Say it ain't so...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say it ain't so...

I've been waiting for the ivy bridge thinkpads to emerge before taking the plunge and it seems that they are doing away with the traditional keyboards in favour of one of those island jobs.

WHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Wot?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I assume he means no numerical key pad?!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No I mean instead of the regular type keypad it's getting one of those scrabble tile type ones like every other laptop.

This isn't right.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I believe they're known as chiclet keyboards.And I think you can blame Apple for their recent popularity. You're welcome

Comment

yep back to the Sinclair spectrum ergonomics without the softness.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, I'm hoping (somewhat forlornly) that as thinkpad keyboards are something of a selling point they have actually made a decent one.

I can always invest in another one of these

Comment

<fanboi>
                I actually like the one on my Macbook Pro, takes a few minutes to get used the shorter travel on the keys but then it's great.
                </fanboi>

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I believe they're known as chiclet keyboards.And I think you can blame Apple for their recent popularity. You're welcome
                  You are right about Apple being guilty as charged.

You can still get an Apple USB keyboard with numeric pad, but the wireless version is only available without a numeric keypad.

There is of course Bluetooth Keypad adds numeric keypad to Apple Wireless Keyboard

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Reminds me of an 80s pocket calculator

Comment

Working...
                    X