• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Rant] Sky broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Rant] Sky broadband

Currently getting 1.1Mb on their "Up to 20Mb" service

Apparently it's my fault for living too far from the telephone exchange (I have a second tier post code so about a mile from the town hall ffs). The length of copper the signal has to travel through yada yada yada.

Well here's the thing, if the distance from the exchange is a factor, this means someone living nearer is paying the same amount as me and getting a far better service. So I'm being charged full fare for 1/20th of the service. I can't even watch a pissed shatner on iPlayer on HIGNFY.

Snotty email sent to sky threatening to make a right fuss with the relevant ombudsman etc etc.

The equivalent in a restaurant would be getting less food the further you sat away from the kitchen and getting charged full wack, like this poor souls.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Why are you blaming Sky as its adsl you are using its BT's screw up not theirs?

See if you can get Sky fibre that should give you a better line and if that fails just go to Virgin Media for a cable modem.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Does the terms say "upto" 20MB/s?

Could a reasonable person (not a dig at you by the way) say with come confidence that 1MB/s is on the scale "upto" 20MB/s?

Have you answered yes to both questions, then quit bothering us?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I live rurally, and get the same gig. The thing is, the speed you pay for, is always deteriorated, so if I p[aid for up to Imb, I'd possibly only get 100k, so now am paying for 'up to 8mb' and getting 1.8'. Not as dire as your's, but ffs, it is just as you said...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Does the terms say "upto" 20MB/s?

Could a reasonable person (not a dig at you by the way) say with come confidence that 1MB/s is on the scale "upto" 20MB/s?

Have you answered yes to both questions, then quit bothering us?
          Are you happy to accept mediocrity in other areas of your life? I can see it now :

<Vinegar strokes>

SM : Sorry love, got a bit excited. I'll be better next time.
          Wife : Ok dear, not too worry. Maybe next time I could get into bed beside you.
          SM : At least we got 1/20th of the way there eh? That's considered good enough generally where I cum from.

</Vinegar strokes>

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Are you happy to accept mediocrity in other areas of your life? I can see it now :

<Vinegar strokes>

SM : Sorry love, got a bit excited. I'll be better next time.
            Wife : Ok dear, not too worry. Maybe next time I could get into bed beside you.
            SM : At least we got 1/20th of the way there eh? That's considered good enough generally where I cum from.

</Vinegar strokes>

Hah that's what you know my wife left me..... oh hang on I am not selling this right

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Why are you blaming Sky as its adsl you are using its BT's screw up not theirs?

See if you can get Sky fibre that should give you a better line and if that fails just go to Virgin Media for a cable modem.
              Eek dear friend, I bought the package from sky. If you took your car to a garage and they did a tulip job because they fitted an inferior part, would you ask the garage to put it right and fit a decent part or take it up with the part manufacturer on the garages behalf?

Lot of fawning lickspittles on here today, but that's another rant.

Toodleoo you obsequious little turd

Comment

Just checked I'm on Sky 20mb and I'm getting 9.9Mb download speed but only 0.8Mb upload speed

and suity, stop being an oik
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Eek dear friend, I bought the package from sky. If you took your car to a garage and they did a tulip job because they fitted an inferior part, would you ask the garage to put it right and fit a decent part or take it up with the part manufacturer on the garages behalf?

Lot of fawning lickspittles on here today, but that's another rant.

Toodleoo you obsequious little turd
                  Word of the day

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Just checked I'm on Sky 20mb and I'm getting 9.9Mb download speed but only 0.8Mb upload speed

and suity, stop being an oik
                    Only if you stop talking like a c***

Comment

Working...
                    X