• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knife attacks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife attacks

Is it just the media spotlight that started writing about every knifeattack or they are actually on increase? In the last few weeks a lot of people got stabbed to death and circumstances are totally screwed up - like the guy who told some low life to stop smoking in train and that low life knifes him in response.

Surely those guy who carry knifes and not afraid to use them in these ridiculous situations must be pretty accomplished criminals who should have been locked up for previous offences for good? I mean, the police seems to close eyes on lots of stuff like theft effectively serving as clerks who issue crime numbers for insurance purposes. Or take those signs everyone - "thiefs operate in this area", ffs, if police knows they are operating and not catching them all then they should be fired - the job of police is to put criminals behind bars to prevent further crimes, but they seem to allow scumbags get away with minor stuff and this ought to lead to unnecessary deaths of good citizens in the future.

Sorry but arresting crims distracts the police from their prime task, raising revenue through fines for speeding.

HTH

Comment

It's just the medias' 'pick of the month', don't worry they will sonn move on and knife crime will be a thing of the past
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Sorry but arresting crims distracts the police from their prime task, raising revenue through fines for speeding.

HTH
        I know. I've called 999 no less than 4 times in the last year and I haven't had a single muppet appear. I've been nearly stabbed, I've been nearly run over and I've had a brick thrown at me (all for being white I'll add). Mind you that's probably why they don't want to know as it's not "official black vs white racism" which is the most popular crime at the moment.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

police knows they are operating and not catching them all then they should be fired - the job of police is to put criminals behind bars to prevent further crimes

Probably this was true in the USSR but not in the UK.

The role of the police in the UK is essentialy that of organised uniformed criminals whose main objective is to file Ovetime forms, weekend football matches being very popular.

But our Boys in Blue do excell when it comes to clamping down on the vicious criminal elements of our society such as the dangerous organised criminal aka peace protestor Mr Haws, it took almost 80 officers to overwhelm this dangerous fanatic.

Not to mention 27 grand out of the hardworking UK taxpayers pocket.

We can all sleep the safer now.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 May 2006, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
            I've been nearly stabbed, I've been nearly run over and I've had a brick thrown at me (all for being white I'll add)
            Welcome to London.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

A while back I was in Cambridge, working Nokia Research BTW, and cornered a couple of guys stealing a wheel from a van in the car park of the Guest House I was at. One drew a knife but wasn't sure what he would do with it. Called the plod on my mobile and they said they were sending someone. After a while my battery went flat and I realised I wasn't going to get any backup. Chummy with knife started to get a little bolder. So backed away and let them carry on stealing the wheels. In the end they decided to bugger off leaving the wheel without nuts.

Next day I phoned up the local plod and asked for the chief-plods fax number as I wished to send an annoyed missive I'd written about the incident. They said they wouldn't give me it. I then pointed out if they didn't give me his fax number I would just fax it to the local rag instead.

So the local rag assigned a reporter and it got good copy. Apparently the local plod were having a 'knife week' or some such bollox and it made them look like twats. The plod that had been assigned to the case said he had driven past but saw nothing. Why not stop, get out of the car, and investigate? I could of been laying bleeding to death... I wish I'd had a video camera watching that road, 'cause I'd have proof positive he was a liar, he never drove past.

I know what really happened with that plod, I could tell when I confronted him later with the reporter. What happened was he'd seen a report about a knife, thought 'bugger that' and went elsewhere.

And that, my man, is why knife crime is getting out of control.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well I dont share this view - from my brief encounters with local police I have gotten very good impression on them. The fact that they dont go after criminals like thiefs is matter of policy that is decided by people well above them, perhaps Superintendats and alike are responsible for it - the courts are also giving ridiculous sentences, IMO anyone who have been proven to be a persistent criminal offender like burglar or anything should automatically get very lengthy sentences, say 10 years for starters, if they get released early then any further criminal conviction should automatically restart previous sentence from zero plus few more years for good measure - no right of parole of course.

Talking of parole - it seems to me that the main purpose of it is to spend as little money as possible on controling prisoners in prison - they hope for early release, so don't cause troubles, well, all nice, but this seems to be making job of some people (whose job is to keep those scumbags locked up) easier, but harder for society - if a prisoner does not behave, then put in maximum security without any priviledges whatsoever - the choice for prisoner should not be between good behavior and early release or full sentence, but between good behavior and full sentence in non-harsh conditions or full sentence plus more in very harsh conditions.

Comment

I could of been laying bleeding to death
                  have
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

What about 'bolder', was that correct?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X