• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky reviews.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearsky reviews.

Hi,

I've read a lot of the different threads on Clearsky and other accounting firms and had decided on going with Clearsky. However, I've had some unsatisfactory experiences with them in the initial discussions and am questioning their level of service. I do realise that their sales teams are not the same as their accounting teams and want to get some real world opinions on their accounting services.

They're not really one of the more frequently recommended firms and aren't on Northernlad's list http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html, but there were several aspects that appealed to me initially. I'd quite like to proceed with them, but am wary of making a mistake that will cause me much frustration. I'm a newbie! I need a firm whose advice I can trust and a reliable, responsive one.

Also, is anyone using their Essential i.e. the most basic and bare service? I'm wondering how much tax planning advice e.g. tax efficient structure, expenses, will be provided as their other packages have that as an additional service.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Poppykorn View Post
    Hi,
    However, I've had some unsatisfactory experiences with them in the initial discussions and am questioning their level of service. I do realise that their sales teams are not the same as their accounting teams and want to get some real world opinions on their accounting services.
    I would expect any contractor accountant "sales team" to be able to provide expert advice, that, or the same advice that the engaged accountant would also provide. These "sales" people are at the fore front of any enquiry, and thus, are usually highly skilled. There are many comapanies out there providing their service to people like yourself, that can provide bespoke personal advice, not simply providing a sales service. With experience, I would advise on going with your "gut instinct", if the initial contact doesn't 'rest well' then move on to another that does.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by Sally@InTouch View Post
      I would expect any contractor accountant "sales team" to be able to provide expert advice, that, or the same advice that the engaged accountant would also provide.
      True. I should have used a more accurate description and for that I apologise, but I think that's the impression I got from our interactions. It did feel like I was one of the many and being sold to. All the same, I'm hoping that in a big firm like that these teams are quite different from the actual account managers whose service I'll be using and with whom I hope to develop relationships with.

I guess I do like their 24-hour contact service amongst other things but that doesn't matter if their overall service pales in comparison to others.
      Last edited by Poppykorn; 28 May 2012, 22:01.

Comment

Not being funny but I would have thought that 'unsatisfactory experiences' in the 'initial discussions' would be enough to put you off
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Not being funny but I would have thought that 'unsatisfactory experiences' in the 'initial discussions' would be enough to put you off
          That is exactly what I was thinking Lisa!

From your comment Poppykorn, it does appear that you have already made a decision, yet you are possibly looking for reasons to still go ahead.

There are more than enough Accountants for you to contact and compare to one another. That should help you with making a decision.

I agree with Sally too! The person who deals with any new enquiry is representing the company that they work for.

If I have contact with a company (any company that is providing any service), generally (but not on all occasions), the first person I speak to regarding my query will determine my view of the company as a whole and hints at how I will be treated.

My advice would be to make some comparisons by contacting a few.

Comment

Clearsky are a part of Parasol I would avoid just for that, their umbrella arm Parasol is just as shifty hence I left them
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Clearsky are a part of Parasol I would avoid just for that, their umbrella arm Parasol is just as shifty hence I left them
              WHS!
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppykorn View Post
                Hi,
                I was happy with everything about ClearSky except the price when they hiked it substantially a couple of years back.

I personally recommend InTouch but you may as well phone a few and if they don't leave a good 'taste' from a 5min phone chat, ditch 'em. My favourite thing about InTouch is that I virtually always deal with the same person, rather than sending emails to be responded by whichever person is 'on call'.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences so far with ClearSky. Over the past 17 years we’ve had over 8,000 happy clients and pride ourselves on the exceptional service we provide our clients. Please click here for some of our clients’ feedback.

With regards to your question on our Essential service. All our clients including our Essential clients benefit initially from a long welcome call with their own personal accountant. As part of this call the accountant will review their circumstances and discuss tax efficiency as this is what our clients want to talk about and expect of their accountant. This could be discussions about company structure or allowable expenses specifically tailored to a client’s situation.

With the Essential service, you’ve also got access to your own personal accountant you can call at anytime and a yearly tax review to make sure you are on the right course.

The main benefits of our Freedom and Assure packages are the frequency of information provided to you. For example, our Assure package gives you monthly management accounts and quarterly tax reviews with you personal accountant either in the office or by email/phone.

I hope this helps and apologies once more for your experience so far with ClearSky.

If you would like to discuss this further please call 01925 645 255.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearSky Rachael View Post
                    Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences so far with ClearSky. Over the past 17 years ...
                    17 years! Are you sure?
                    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Working...
                    X