• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you deal with forced time off?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with forced time off?

Client Co has forced all contractors off next week (3 days no invoicing) and I have been really peed off since I have known (several weeks ago). I went ballistic on Jobswerve and probably applied for about 100 roles. I have a couple of interviews lined up now as well. Am I being a bit over the top or is that the right way to go about it? Add to that the fact this place is mega grim......

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Client Co has forced all contractors off next week (3 days no invoicing) and I have been really peed off since I have known (several weeks ago). I went ballistic on Jobswerve and probably applied for about 100 roles. I have a couple of interviews lined up now as well. Am I being a bit over the top or is that the right way to go about it? Add to that the fact this place is mega grim......
    Which days? They can only enforce Monday and Tuesday, Shirley?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Seems a little OTT just for 3 days off ?

Relax, enjoy the time at home and see it as an expected bonus break.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

WHS+1
        one day at a time

Comment

Totally this... Man up... You are a business so you should be able understand what they have to do and why.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Last time this happened to me was with Barclays last year. Next thing to happen was the rate cuts.... OTT you say?

Comment

Use the time to work on your Plan B.

If you don't have one then you should stop posting tulip on here and get one.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Use the time to work on your Plan B.

If you don't have one then you should stop posting tulip on here and get one.

HTH
                Or get a Plan B and continue to post tulip on here.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Last time this happened to me was with Barclays last year. Next thing to happen was the rate cuts.... OTT you say?
                  Well the choice is yours but can you afford to walk from one straight in to the same crap at another client? Better the devil you know sometimes. Maybe it is the way you have worded your post. By all means start looking but it looks more like some knee jerk reaction as you have written it.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not great I know but if you've known for several weeks then you could have arranged a holiday or training or a very short term piece of consultancy or anything in that time.
                    It's not as if they've left it till this week to tell you
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X