• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bonington takes flame to Snowdon summit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonington holding another suspiciously dud looking torch.

The one that went past me looked like a dud too, and that one wasn't up a windy mountain. Has anyone seen a lit torch, or is the fire element missing from these Olympic torches? Perhaps they are best viewed at night, close up, with liquid nitrogen cooled thermal imaging equipment set to high sensitivity.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Bonington holding another suspiciously dud looking torch.

The one that went past me looked like a dud too, and that one wasn't up a windy mountain. Has anyone seen a lit torch, or is the fire element missing from these Olympic torches? Perhaps they are best viewed at night, close up, with liquid nitrogen cooled thermal imaging equipment set to high sensitivity.
    I watched him last night on a programme about climbing the Eiger.

He has very scary teeth.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

He has very scary teeth.
      It's hard to look at him without tensing

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

agreed about the teeth - but then again so do a lot of people from his generation.. that eiger climb in the 1960's though would of been something else.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
          agreed about the teeth - but then again so do a lot of people from his generation.. that eiger climb in the 1960's though would of been something else.
          Eiger and everest. everybody is doing it now though!

Now little old ladies stroll up them for afternoon tea
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

anyway, if he didn't get to the top of Snowdon while driving a 4x4 it doesn't count
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              I've been up the Eiger.

On a train.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I've been up the Eiger.

On a train.
                In a brothel, more like.

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Now little old ladies stroll up them for afternoon tea
                  The traffic jam at 30,000 feet: Chilling photo shows dozens of climbers trying to reach the summit of Mount Everest after four died when they became stuck in a bottleneck | Mail Online

And Sherpas carry the luggage and retrieve dead bodies and discarded rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    I watched him last night on a programme about climbing the Eiger.

He has very scary teeth.

His teeth look small and spaced out for his mouth, whereas ordinarily it's a pretty crowded place. Has he got a big head or small teeth?

Comment

Working...
                    X