• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not my week, grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my week, grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

First my number plates were nicked last week and then we came home at 6:30 yesterday evening to find that we had been burgled.

House ransacked, every draw emptied onto the floor and all cupboards, drawers and the fridge in the kitchen left open, must have taken a bit of time.

Got away with 2 laptops, PS3, Digital camera, Ipod Touch, misc jewellery mostly sentimental not high value.

Not so bad all is covered by our insurance, EXCEPT.......

They stole my car key too, and both admiral (car insurance) and santander (house insurance) won't accept the cost of replacing the locks and key units and coding as necessary. So this is going to be a direct hit on my pocket to the tune of £950.

Admiral stated that if I only decided to replace the key unit then we would not be covered if it is stolen in the future as someone has a key for the car. "We don't insure the keys, we only insure the car".

Fully comp, my @rse.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Ouch Sorry to hear.

Sounds like a query to the ombudsmen or Watchdog, that's taking the mick.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

AA Car Key Insurance And Lost Key Protection
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

That is tulip. I hope they catch them.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Scrag.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

scrag

<cough> yer zips undone <cough>

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              Fully comp, my @rse.
              Fully comp. Until you make a claim.

Sorry to hear the bad news, bro.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

First my number plates were nicked last week and then we came home at 6:30 yesterday evening to find that we had been burgled.
                WTF!!! Sorry to hear. Horrible to know someone has been in your house and all that. Bad news!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Fully comp, my @rse.

Comment

Gate....Horse... bolted. but thanks for the thought.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X