• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Incompetent Permanent Staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incompetent Permanent Staff

What's the best way of telling a client that the most beneficial thing employee X can do is accept an immediate termination?
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    What's the best way of telling a client that the most beneficial thing employee X can do is accept an immediate termination?
    Tell them straight. What's the point of this thread exactly?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Tell them straight. What's the point of this thread exactly?
      I came close to having to do it recently. Luckily the employee in question seemed to realise his game was up and handed in his notice.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I believe this perm employee is the equivalent of Suityou. Terminate immediately.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I came close to having to do it recently. Luckily the employee in question seemed to realise his game was up and handed in his notice.
          Really surprised to see this kind of post from you SC. Firstly if an employee was such a numpty then generally most people (including management) would have an idea of how bad they were. You need to understand your surroundings, what kind of company are you in?

Some companies are run by HR. Some by the finance director and his bean counters. Some are run properly but these are few and far between.

If employee X is a fellow worker, then maybe they are knocking on retirements door and the kindest thing to do is side step them and let the company get on with it. There's no such thing as charity of course. If employee X is a fellow worker and blonde with big boobs then perhaps she's riding the MD, again let it alone.

Perhaps employee X is tulipe at what they do but has pictures of the boss doing something lewd at the Christmas do, again let it alone.

Sure, make your feelings known to those in power about said employees capabilities, but discretely. It's not your place to get them fired. And calling out things like this in a gig can go one of two ways, so ...... you feeling lucky, punk?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I believe this perm employee is the equivalent of Suityou. Terminate immediately.
            Go and **** yourself, seriously.

Comment

I would not bother, if they are in a position where they are fecking up then someone obviously thinks they are capable and you are just going to tell them their judgment is crap.

I have worked alongside some absolute permie roasters in my time, usually for big clients where sacking is not an option, they just wander about causing chaos and it is best to stay out of their way for your own sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Really surprised to see this kind of post from you SC. Firstly if an employee was such a numpty then generally most people (including management) would have an idea of how bad they were. You need to understand your surroundings, what kind of company are you in?
                It's not something I would take lightly, hence the post.

Don't really want to get into details but the guy was able to get away with it for a few months and was in a position for his incompetence to start risking the client co's income. Had he stayed there longer then I've no doubt that things would have reached a head and the client's clients might have started bailing.
                I'm not sure how much management knew as they were non-technical and he was good at saying the right things to keep them off his back.

Anyway, as I said, he did the needful himself and his replacement is still there and doing well. But I have wondered what I would do if presented with something similar again.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Anonymous letter?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

SC you've only been on the gig 5 minutes and you're laying down the law on how they should deal with the permies.

My god! You've become....
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X