• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recommended iPad apps/games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recommended iPad apps/games

So,

following last weeks "loss of macbook on train" incident, the new iPad "has been loaded onto the delivery vehicle" according to DHL and so this afternoon will be spent configuring and playing with my new "business required device"...

My question is:

What apps/games would you recommend for the iPad?

cheers

Chef

edit: I've decided not to replace the macbook just yet as I'll wait until the late summer/autumn rumoured new macbook announcement/release. As I only really need a device for the 5hr commute and stay in hotel during the week I figure the iPad fits the bill perfectly. Currently the client provides their own laptops for work use for security reasons.
    Last edited by chef; 30 May 2012, 09:48.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Metalstorm, Jetpack, Temple Run, TVCatchup and all the other tv players

Comment

+1 for TVCatchup. Excellent app.

Reminds me, must invest in an iPad myself. Need access to company email on client site and don't want to lug the MBP around with me all the time.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I spend alot of time on Netflix, good for tv, movies.

Comment

I haven't changed my mind (or not much) since the question was asked the week before last: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1546815

One I'd add is this week's freeby in the app store: Cut the Rope Experiments. Dunno what the price is normally, but it's worth a couple of quid.

Comment

Essential: Poop Salary

Do you spend a lot of time on the crapper at work? Ever wonder how much your poop is worth? Use this app to time your poops, keep track of your total poop worth, and share with others.
            Last edited by doomage; 30 May 2012, 15:26. Reason: image added for clarity
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

this week we have been playing

Tigris
              Domination (the card game)
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
              X