• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV integrity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV integrity?

Poll to follow...
    100% the truth
    57.14%
    A bit of creativity here and there
    22.86%
    A few blatant lies
    2.86%
    Complete fairy story
    2.86%
    AndyW wrote it
    14.29%
    one day at a time

Honesty is the best policy
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

100% the truth

I no longer need to lie or pad my CV

Wasn't always the case mind
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I've always thought that I would hate to be caught out if I had used a bit of creativity on my C.V. and that it could mean my job/contract at the end of the day.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          Honesty is the best policy
          Agreed, but your CV is the sales pitch to get you in the door and a bit of ‘flowering’ up does no harm IMO.

one day at a time

Comment

This is going to be an interesting post. My one is 100% true and verifable. It wasnt always that way

Comment

have the (so far) 8 people who said their cv only contains the 'truth' told a fib!?
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                Agreed, but your CV is the sales pitch to get you in the door and a bit of ‘flowering’ up does no harm IMO.

WOS. It's not lying, it's selling.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  have the (so far) 8 people who said their cv only contains the 'truth' told a fib!?
                  Considering that there are only a handful of us in the UK and the industry, and project list, is very very limited (most of us in the industry know each other either personally or by reputation) it would be very difficult to pad out our CV's as you'd be found out almost immediately as everyone who sends a CV into our consultancy will in their list projects that several of us have worked on.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I am work in a very niche market, and every one knows everyone. Can't help but be honest. As a matter of fact, never needed to lie on the CV so far. Hope it stays like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X