• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the reason why we contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason why we contract...

is it cause we all have working class values who work in middle/upper class companies, and refuse to bow to the middle class attitudes that are sweeping the country.

Originally posted by el duder
    is it cause we all have working class values who work in middle/upper class companies, and refuse to bow to the middle class attitudes that are sweeping the country.

No we contract so we can work when and where we like without having to climb any greasy poles, kiss anyones arse for a payrise or worry about office politics. Oh, and we earn more too ^^
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
      No we contract so we can work when and where we like without having to climb any greasy poles, kiss anyones arse for a payrise or worry about office politics. Oh, and we earn more too ^^
      You also pay more to agents than a permie

And anyway, whats with all this class rubbish...working class this...lower class that...upper class my ass!

Anyone who supports the class system is a racist. Except those who believe the lower classes are scum...they are realists

Mailman

Comment

when I were a lad there was a real class divide ! My dad 'knew his place' and my mums greatest ambition was that I joined 'a profession'. When I formed my ltd company she walked around like Hyacinth Bucket for a month

Its all changed now and for the better, now there are two classes, scroungers and other burgling scum and the rest of us

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

Anyone who supports the class system is a racist. Except those who believe the lower classes are scum...they are realists

Mailman
          I'm curious as to why you think supporters of class systems can be deemed 'racist' or were you being ironic?

I personally see meritocracy as the only viable system-and all a government can do is ensure equal access to the mechanisms for creating this

Comment

Originally posted by maximus
            I'm curious as to why you think supporters of class systems can be deemed 'racist' or were you being ironic?

I personally see meritocracy as the only viable system-and all a government can do is ensure equal access to the mechanisms for creating this
            Yes, I was being ironicist

Except when it comes to the lower classes...there are very good reasons why the scum that is the lower class is the scum that is the lower classes!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

And anyway, whats with all this class rubbish...working class this...lower class that...upper class my ass!

Mailman
              Arse, shurely?

That´s a spelling correction, not a comment!

Comment

Originally posted by Antman
                Arse, shurely?

Surely.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                  Surely.
                  Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman
                    Arse, shurely?

He could be a septic.

Comment

Working...
                    X