• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regular Internal Fliers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular Internal Fliers

Does anyone fly from one end of the country to the other for gigs? IE Scotland to SE England or vice versa? How do you work it out Fly back home every other weekend?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I work in France and Germany on a regular basis.

Fly out Monday eve, fly back Thurs eve.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      I work in France and Germany on a regular basis.

Fly out Monday eve, fly back Thurs eve.
      a TWaT.

I did a few months of the south coast to Glasgow a while back. Out Sunday night, back Friday. No way I'd do that again but I didn't mind at the time. Being a twat like pondlife is as far as I'll go these days and prefer wfh.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
        a TWaT.
        The great thing about beaing a TWaT is that you get to say C U Next Tuesday every week
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

I did it between the SE and Yorkshire at one time. I would work every day including Sat/Sun for 2-3 weeks straight, then head back home for 2-3 days during the week.

For the most part I managed to avoid travelling on Mondays and Fridays, and could get away with flying standby by picking my flights carefully.

But when I was working further from home, Germany for example, I would only go home 1 weekend in 2 or three. It was simply too much hassle to do that every weekend.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Does anyone fly from one end of the country to the other for gigs? IE Scotland to SE England or vice versa? How do you work it out Fly back home every other weekend?
            I used to fly from Manchester to Stansted every/most weeks. Could checkin up to 30 minutes before departure which was nice.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              The great thing about beaing a TWaT is that you get to say C U Next Tuesday every week
              Even better is due to working in more than one country twattypants gets to say Nah, I'm not over here next week and then sits in his pants all the following week.

Comment

I regularly fly between San Fran, San Jose and San Diego.

I use RyanAir.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I use RyanAir.
                  Nah, according to RyanAir they're all the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I use RyanAir.
                    So your new gig is you're an air stewardess?

Comment

Working...
                    X