• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air Con at Platypus Manor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Con at Platypus Manor

I bought a couple of portable AC units, they arrived this morning. Much cooler upstairs now. My office is still 27C so I may have to pinch one back. They were a business expense after all

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I bought a couple of portable AC units, they arrived this morning. Much cooler upstairs now. My office is still 27C so I may have to pinch one back. They were a business expense after all
    We fitted aircon a couple of years ago. Used it 2 nights this year and about 7 nights since we installed it.

Nice to go to bed in a cool room though
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      We fitted aircon a couple of years ago. Used it 2 nights this year and about 7 nights since we installed it.

Nice to go to bed in a cool room though
      ah yes.

perfect for those hot nights.

(when the wind isnt blowing and the sun isnt shining)
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        ah yes.

perfect for those hot nights.

(when the wind isnt blowing and the sun isnt shining)
        Feck of EO

Seriously

Comment

Comment

and my @rse is a cream bun.

biggest scam in the history of scamdom. I dont mind if you pay your fair whack, but you dont. Subsidies dont make it cheap, they just shift the cost to someone else, usually those that cant afford it. and today the proportion of energy to the grid is down to 0.3%

and these eco loons are telling everyone wind will be providing 30% in a little over seven years time.

madness.

the economics of the madness house.

diver, take that big bubble off your ead, and go and switch the air con off till next winter, when the wind starts blowing again

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              and my @rse is a cream bun.

biggest scam in the history of scamdom. I dont mind if you pay your fair whack, but you dont. Subsidies dont make it cheap, they just shift the cost to someone else, usually those that cant afford it. and today the proportion of energy to the grid is down to 0.3%

and these eco loons are telling everyone wind will be providing 30% in a little over seven years time.

madness.

the economics of the madness house.

diver, take that big bubble off your ead, and go and switch the air con off till next winter, when the wind starts blowing again

Most of that .3% is from the few offshore farms. they are rarely idle so do get to feed in because of mopre accurate prediction .............................Why am I bothering
              I get paid rediculous ammounts to ensure these offshore projects go in safely and cost effectively. My job will be there until I retire

Comment

Most of that .3% is from the few offshore farms. they are rarely idle so do get to feed in because of mopre accurate prediction .............................Why am I bothering
                I get paid rediculous ammounts to ensure these offshore projects go in safely and cost effectively. My job will be there until I retire

rarely idle ???

they had better not if their output is going to increase by 100x in seven years.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who needs windmills, just move to Germany...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X