• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babe - get me a coffee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babe - get me a coffee

Taking over a project from a former team of 5 now down to 1 person who is almost indespensible. Today he walked up to a user and said "Babe - get me a coffee"!

Total silence.

I say "If she got you one would you drink it bearing in mind what she will do to it". Someone shouted "Spit in it" to which I said "I think it will be far far worse".

Its just like when I started in Merchant Banking 25 years ago. I thought things had improved.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Taking over a project from a former team of 5 now down to 1 person who is almost indespensible. Today he walked up to a user and said "Babe - get me a coffee"!

Total silence.

I say "If she got you one would you drink it bearing in mind what she will do to it". Someone shouted "Spit in it" to which I said "I think it will be far far worse".

Its just like when I started in Merchant Banking 25 years ago. I thought things had improved.
    No, it's worse. After a long break from IB's, I've returned to them in the last few years.

Wait until you find your new team is in India. Then the fun starts.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      No, it's worse. After a long break from IB's, I've returned to them in the last few years.

Wait until you find your new team is in India. Then the fun starts.
      IBs? Wait until your job is in India too

Comment

I prefer to use the terms "toots" and "sugar knickers".

It must be a "Northern" thing.

Chicks love it!

Comment

On my first contract, it was a long trip to the coffee machine and knowing my hourly rate I gladly used to get the team coffees. I made 5k doing this and wore the 'Tea Bitch' badge they commissioned for me with pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            On my first contract, it was a long trip to the coffee machine and knowing my hourly rate I gladly used to get the team coffees. I made 5k doing this and wore the 'Tea Bitch' badge they commissioned for me with pride.
            Anyone call you "toots" or "Sugar Knickers"?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              I prefer to use the terms "toots" and "sugar knickers".

It must be a "Northern" thing.

Chicks love it!
              No they don't!

I just got slapped
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                No they don't!

I just got slapped
                I usually have to pay extra for that. You lucky, lucky bastard!

Comment

I usually have to pay extra for that. You lucky, lucky bastard!
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Anyone call you "toots" or "Sugar Knickers"?
                    There were 51 contractors in the team and I survived all the others by three months. My knickers were pure glucose.

Comment

Working...
                    X