• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Appointing Director to a New Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appointing Director to a New Limited Company

I am a freelance IT contractor considering creating a limited company. I have read through the guides on this and other sites. It is not obvious to me who I would appoint as director of the company.

Can / should I appoint myself as director?

If so, then thanks, I'm done. If not, then I'll have a few follow up questions to post in the near future...

Cheers!

If it's your own company then you can be sole director and sole shareholder. No one else needs to be appointed or involved. You've fulfilled the minimum requirements for appointed officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
      If it's your own company then you can be sole director and sole shareholder. No one else needs to be appointed or involved. You've fulfilled the minimum requirements for appointed officers.
      Brilliant! Thanks for the speedy reply

Comment

I agree with the above being a sole director and shareholder are the minimum reqiurements.

The normal share capital used is 100 shares.

A common question people ask when starting there ltd

Comment

Get an accountant who will do / help with everything for you...
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            Get an accountant who will do / help with everything for you...
            I agree with this many of my new clients ask for my help on company set up.

There are plenty of accountants on here why not give a few a call and i am sure they can advise you on company set and anything else you need to know

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah at Smith Craven View Post
              I agree with the above being a sole director and shareholder are the minimum reqiurements.

The normal share capital used is 100 shares.

A common question people ask when starting there ltd

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                My bad

Comment

Working...
                X