• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scale of the Universe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale of the Universe

This is way cool...

Scale of The Universe

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    This is way cool...

Scale of The Universe
    Thanks for posting this. Good stuff.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
      This is way cool...

Scale of The Universe
      Very nice.

Good zoom level is to put the Sun on the screen and then try an spot the Earth! Always amazes me how conditioned people are into thinking that the Earth is about a 1/4 of the diameter of the Sun as "that's how it's shown in books."

I was mildly disappointed that the "zoom out" stopped before the proposition of a Multi-verse.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        Very nice.

Good zoom level is to put the Sun on the screen and then try an spot the Earth! Always amazes me how conditioned people are into thinking that the Earth is about a 1/4 of the diameter of the Sun as "that's how it's shown in books."

I was mildly disappointed that the "zoom out" stopped before the proposition of a Multi-verse.
        Funnily enough, that's what was said on the caving forum i got the link from.
        Perhaps IT contractors share a certain existentialist angst with cavers?

Comment

me too. I kept zooming out waiting to see that largest entity in the universe, 'Sasgurus Brain Nebulae'

till I realised I had to keep zooming in , untill I was looking up a thread-worms bum-hole

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Nice!

Of course I could already comprehend all that in my own mind.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Very nice.
              Always amazes me how conditioned people are into thinking that the Earth is about a 1/4 of the diameter of the Sun as "that's how it's shown in books."
              Exactly, it’s very difficult to comprehend the scales involved from books.
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Zaphod Beeblebrox was singularly unimpressed.
                Has anyone found an online version of The Total Perspective Vortex?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Very nice.

Solar System to scale

Try this. The distances involved are to scale.

Comment

Working...
                    X