• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Game of Thrones, Season 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones, Season 2

Only one episode left ...

<sad emoticon which didn't work properly> BOO HOO </fail>

Then a wait of (probably) a year before Season 3

I'm really enjoying it and have started on the books to satisfy my craving for more.
    Last edited by Platypus; 1 June 2012, 08:28.

Picture fail.

I can't help feeling the second series has been a little slow. But at least there finally was a battle in the last episode having talked about the approaching war for ages.

I might have to read the books too.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Only one episode left ...

Then a wait of (probably) a year before Season 3

I'm really enjoying it and have started on the books to satisfy my craving for more.
      Its a big hit here at Pogle acres too, although I am disappointed by the lack of cgi dragons, but as Mr P says, Its expensive to film in Iceland, so that's where the dragon budget has gone.

I'm glad for the recap at the start of each episode as it is getting complicated keep up with whats going on!
      Last edited by Pogle; 1 June 2012, 08:06. Reason: remove image
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I've read all the books. Want some spoilers?
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

I'm up to episode 9.

Read the first 2 books and then downloaded the audio books.

Tyrion is such a great character.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
            I've read all the books. Want some spoilers?
            No thanks.

But kind of you to offer to ruin it for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Its a big hit here at Pogle acres too, although I am disappointed by the lack of cgi dragons, but as Mr P says, Its expensive to film in Iceland, so that's where the dragon budget has gone.
              I thought it was Ireland. Though I guess the frozen wasteland north of the wall bits could well be Iceland.

Too much CGI would ruin it. Part of what makes it so good is that they really are making it properly with proper locations, at least as much as they can.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Oh dear

Oh dear ...

Game of Thrones is ‘fantasy gateway drug’

Comment

I love it, easily the best thing on TV at the moment in my opinion. It's like Lord of the Rings meets The Sopranos/Deadwood/HBO stuff.

Comment

It is one of the best series i have seen for years just wish there was more than 10 episodes a season.

Plus what has happend to Daenerys Dragons cant wait to find that out

Comment

Working...
                    X