• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feel Knackered Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel Knackered Today

I was thinking of going out for a few beers with a mate in London, but I've been suffering with a painful knee and ankle. So I wimped out. On the way home I passed the dome and Guns and Roses were on later (much later) I bought a ticket on my phone, picked it up at the box office, went in and bought a shirt then went home for tea. Later on I went back to the dome and watched the end of the thin lizzy set (who were really good) and then waited for GnR. They came on at 10:45 and finished at 1:40. Then Billy No Mates hobbled off home. Getting up this morning was a chore though! It probably wasn't the best idea having a beer before bed either!

Cracking show though
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I've been suffering with a painful knee and ankle.
    Sounds like Gout. Very painful indeed, too much red wine.
    HTH
    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Sounds like Gout. Very painful indeed, too much red wine.
      HTH
      top marks to the dr there. It is and it is! Not too much red wine though as I hate the stuff. It's actually a kidney issue. The kidneys are not filtering out the usic acid properly which forms sharp crystals in the joints. So you have to adjust your diet to lower the uric acid production. Unfortunately beer should not form part of this diet - which is why I get this
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        top marks to the dr there. It is and it is! Not too much red wine though as I hate the stuff. It's actually a kidney issue. The kidneys are not filtering out the usic acid properly which forms sharp crystals in the joints. So you have to adjust your diet to lower the uric acid production. Unfortunately beer should not form part of this diet - which is why I get this
        Indeed it is old boy – I feel your pain. I struggled to get down the stairs for a while when I had it last year. Doc couldn’t find any explanation apart from excessive amounts of red wine and red meat. Stick to Pinot Grigio and chicken now.

Hope it clears up.
        one day at a time

Comment

Working...
        X