• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

KP retires from 1 day cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KP retires from 1 day cricket

Kevin Pietersen T20 appeal rejected by furious England | Mail Online

Doesn't look committed to the cause to me.

one day at a time

1 day cricket is probably the hardest form of the game. He is 31 and sees Gayle doing something similar with the West Indies.. then he also sees the money to be made in the IPL.

Good luck to him I say, let him make his money - just hope he stays around for test matches.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
      1 day cricket is probably the hardest form of the game. He is 31 and sees Gayle doing something similar with the West Indies.. then he also sees the money to be made in the IPL.

Good luck to him I say, let him make his money - just hope he stays around for test matches.
      Fair comment.

Seems a shame test cricket is been diluted and can’t see KP been around too much longer in test cricket. The Windies would have a half decent test team (batting wise) if those involved in the IPL were in England:

Gayle
      Bravo
      Pollard

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        Fair comment.

Seems a shame test cricket is been diluted and can’t see KP been around too much longer in test cricket. The Windies would have a half decent test team (batting wise) if those involved in the IPL were in England:

Gayle
        Bravo
        Pollard

True, although from what I've seen Pollard is more of a hit-and-miss one-day basher than a test cricketer.

Sarwan would have improved the batting, but as I understand it he's made himself unavailable as a protest at the West Indies Board.

I hope Tino Best plays in the last test, he's a bit of a character. "Mind the windows, Tino!"

Comment

KP wanted to pack up the 50-over game but carry on 20/20. I can sympathise with that.

However, central one-day contracts mean he's got to be available for both one-day versions, so he had to pack up both or neither.

Comment

Agreed, Pollard does prefer the long handle and Sarwan would have probably hung around a bit longer.

Personally, I’d prefer England to get rid of KP totally as been a saffer his heart obviously isn’t in it and bring in some youth, Root of Yorkshire is promising. KP wants the riches of the IPL so good luck to him. Whilst without doubt been exceptionally talented, KP hasn’t exactly been the most reliable English batsman over the last few years and get the impression he could be divisive in the dressing room.
            one day at a time

Comment

Working...
            X