• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany is Imploding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany is Imploding

Probably rather an exaggeration, everyday trader hyperbole, but

GERMANY IS IMPLODING—Now Down 3.9%

What puzzles me is how the US non-farm payrolls number can have such an apparently drastic effect in Germany
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I think a 3% drop being described as "imploding" as bit of an exaggerating. I would describe it as a buying opportunity.

A lot of Summer doom and gloom at the moment, volatility.

What's the saying in May go away ....come again in September.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Probably rather an exaggeration, everyday trader hyperbole, but

GERMANY IS IMPLODING—Now Down 3.9%

What puzzles me is how the US non-farm payrolls number can have such an apparently drastic effect in Germany
      Germany was already well down today. I'll get my daily market report mail through soon and will post it as my opinion shortly.

Comment

They might be down 3% as a whole, but how are shares in wheelbarrow manufacturers doing?

Comment

No-one likes uncertainty and it is hitting everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            No-one likes uncertainty and it is hitting everything.
            Dirty spekulants love volatility!

Comment

Working...
            X