• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

American Cinemas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Cinemas

Bit bored today. No car. So walked 2 miles to the local mall as it had a cinema.

I've decided to watch the Avengers. Just bought a ticket which at $21 I thought was steep. A coke and popcorn another $12!!

Just got into the actual screen. The chairs are freaking unreal. Each one is like a BA business class flight. A table, glass table. Waiter service for drinks and popcorn!! And a menu! A full menu including healthy stuff!

Oh. And WIFi.

Wow.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Can you text waitor to bring some cold beer during the movie?

No? Then it's tulip.

Comment

Why do you need wifi during a film?

Sounds ike a reason to avoid the cinema to me - too many disturbances already.

I hope you enjoyed the film?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        The chairs are freaking unreal. Each one is like a BA business class flight. A table, glass table. Waiter service for drinks and popcorn!! And a menu! A full menu including healthy stuff!

Oh. And WIFi.
        Er, you do realise you are in a brothel, don't you?

Sure you do.

EDIT: If the wife asks when you get home: The Avengers won.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why do you need wifi during a film?
          I seen the remake/prequel of the thing last year in the states, could have done with it.

Mind you I did buy a large drink which was basically a bucket with a straw, thought "this is coming back with me" so stuffed a couple of t shirts in it and stuck it in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Bit bored today. No car. So walked 2 miles to the local mall as it had a cinema.

I've decided to watch the Avengers. Just bought a ticket which at $21 I thought was steep. A coke and popcorn another $12!!

Just got into the actual screen. The chairs are freaking unreal. Each one is like a BA business class flight. A table, glass table. Waiter service for drinks and popcorn!! And a menu! A full menu including healthy stuff!

Oh. And WIFi.

Wow.
            You are still on the plane you fool, they show films on planes these days. Once the LCD and Tequila wear off post us an update.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              You are still on the plane you fool, they show films on planes these days. Once the LCD and Tequila wear off post us an update.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                When travelling by air MF usually hides in the cargo compartment to save a few dollars.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                  Er, you do realise you are in a brothel, don't you?

Sure you do.

EDIT: If the wife asks when you get home: The Avengers won.
                  Sheesh, the butler did it.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Cracking film!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X