• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is el duder..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is el duder..

worth paying £400 p/day for 3/4 days per week.

Originally posted by el duder
    If your touting for business? Try Kings Cross......

Comment

My, what a high rate you're on!

Comment

£400 p/d for a 3 day week makes £1200 gross. Or the same as £240 p/d for a 5 day week. Is it worth having 2 extra days off or would you prefer the extra £800?
        Whether you're worth it depends on whether you swallow, I suppose.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

obviously id like the extra £800.

but thats not the offer.

the offer is either stay in the uk. travel 4 hrs a day on the M25 to and from work to sit on my arse and listen to investment ******* and earn £1000 p/week

or move to the netherlands to work 3 days for £1200 gross (as you kindly put it)

id prefer to have more work / life balance.

go on long travels to germany to join in the atmosphere watching england play..

working in the uk is tulip. come on lets face it.

its over crowded. its uninspiring. its full of capitalist *******.
          Last edited by el duder; 31 May 2006, 14:45.

Comment

obviously id like the extra £800.

but thats not the offer.

the offer is either stay in the uk. travel 4 hrs a day on the M25 to and from work to sit on my arse and listen to investment ******* and earn £1000 p/week

or move to the netherlands to work 3 days for £1200 gross (as you kindly put it)
            One thing is hard to understand. If you can get 400 pounds in the Netherlands a day, how come you can't get more than 200 quid in the UK? If the choice is that even someone with an IQ well below the average like yourself managed to almost get it.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

you think rates are determind by what your experience is?

ahahahahHAHAHAHA

rates are driven by budgets, deadlines, and average market stats.

in answer to your question though..

im doing a monkeys job here in the uk at the moment. the netherlands job is much senior postion

Comment

its full of capitalist *******.

I know, brilliant isn't it! God bless contracting!

Comment

im doing a monkeys job here in the uk at the moment. the netherlands job is much senior postion
                  Why you can't apply for a senior position in the UK? In the Netherlands, they speak a different language but certainly they are not stupid if they find out you are not fit for the role you can say goodbye to your apartment in the dam and the nice girls you can pick-up from the windows.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

[In the Netherlands, they speak a different language]

you are quick bunny arent you Franko!

not one contract i have been on in the last 5yrs have i been turned away.

the contract im on at the moment is below me. i only did it for a stop gapper, while i looked for more suitable roles, inwhich i have been successful.

i think your missing the point.

i have made the choice to leave the uk. i also got offered a senior position in London, but i decided on the netherlands as i cant ******* STAND LONDON and LONDON types!

Dont like working here. i think its tulip. im leaving it to the polish to enjoy.
                    Last edited by el duder; 31 May 2006, 15:07.

Comment

Working...
                    X