• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rockabilly - boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockabilly - boomed

4 gigs definitely planned and 2 tentative.....

One of them is a street festival.....so "big stage" (small actually, but still bigger than the very small stages we play on )

...and we're really getting the hang of it...bass player was "slappin" that bass last time.

The "Elvis" mics are a real hit...

Rock'n'Roll....
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 4 June 2012, 07:56.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    4 gigs definitely planned and 2 tentative.....

One of them is a street festival.....so "big stage" (small actually, but still bigger than the very small stages we play on )

...and we're really getting the hang of it...bass player was "slappin" that bass last time.

The "Elvis" mics are a real hit...

Rock'n'Roll....

Excellent - remember us when you hit the big time!

Comment

Rock on!
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Just confirmed a gig in the Irish Pub, 5 or 6 gigs planned up to November.

We've got a Sunday brunch gig this week, outside of course, followed by a Blue-Grass session in an Apple Orchard, looking forward to that. Polishing up some new "hits" for the set list.

This is seriously fun.....especially a gig in the Irish pub, a chance to demonstrate our Roy Orbison covers.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

How about psychobilly? Mate of mine organises the Bedlam festivals. Great

At any rate, congrats. Just got an electronic drum kit for my lad, hopefully steer him towards a life in bands, at least as a sideline.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Location?

If you really are in East Anglia I think a road trip could be called for!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Butzbach near Frankfurt for the "Rockabilly" brunch and Nieder-Ehrlenbach for the afternoon Blue-Grass...which admittedly is a bit far from East Anglia.

It would be nice to see a few "cats" at our gigs, I mean real cats all dolled up and throwing their partners over their heads and things.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 August 2012, 11:14.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                It would be nice to see a few "cats" at our gigs, I mean real cats all dolled up and throwing their partners over their heads and things.
                Hmmm, you want to get onto the weekenders in this country. Hemsby, The Hayride etc. No shortage of that sort of thing there. You'll need to look the part though and not just the mikes....
                Last edited by Lockhouse; 1 August 2012, 11:54.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

We're at the street festival tomorrow.....

Looking forward to playing plenty of loud Rockabilly tomorrow, start late afternoon and play until sundown...interspersed with beer breaks.

"ready Teddy to....Rock'n'Roll"

Last edited by BlasterBates; 31 August 2012, 11:33.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Gr8 fun on Saturday, nice to turn up a bit louder. It was in the afternoon so it was "coffee, cakes and Rock´n´Roll". Went down well, someone even asked us for our autographs

We´re busy trying to persuade one of the local theatre groups, who we do open stage nights with to do backing vocals....ha ha that would be fun. All be improvised of course so could be a bit rough.

Next gig this Thursday
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X