• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retirement age 80

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement age 80

It's the only way.

Retirement age 80
    I'm alright Jack

Perhaps forget the concept of complete retirement and pay off the mortgage as quickly as possible and then do a job you like and that isn't too stressful to keep going until you're well into old age, maybe part time.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He is a C**T

Read this

Bob Benmosche - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then this

AIG welfare queen Robert Benmosche threatens to leave because government restricted his welfare check. | Dumbass Government Search

AIG welfare queen Robert Benmosche threatens to leave because government restricted his welfare check.

AIG CEO Robert Benmosche is threatening to leave his post because he doesn't like the restrictions placed by the government on executive bonuses, the outrageously huge sums of money paid to the company's elite. Recently, he successfully beat a ruling by the Obama administration that would have halved the pay of the 25 highest-paid employees. Benmosche paid himself $10.5 million from the bailed-out corporation's assets.

AIG was bailed out to the amount of $182 billion, or a fifth of the total current cost of the Iraq War
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The man obviously has style!

What a contractor he would make
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Quite right. And we need to tackle the unproductiveness at the start of life too. Not much call to send kids up chimneys or down mines anymore but sure there must be something useful the little sods should be doing instead of wasting time playing.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Quite right. And we need to tackle the unproductiveness at the start of life too. Not much call to send kids up chimneys or down mines anymore but sure there must be something useful the little sods should be doing instead of wasting time playing.
            I was thinking of something along the lines of giant hamster wheels powering turbines/generators
            • The kids would get excercise
            • It would give the feckless wasters something to do
            • It would reduce obesity in children
            • It would provide us with a renewable energy source
            • It would reduce the need for baby sitters, after school clubs & nurseries etc
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

He may well be a c***, but he is right that people must work longer than they do at present before they start receiving state and public sector pensions.

It applies to private pensions as well but everyone with a private pension knows that already.

Comment

I was thinking of something along the lines of giant hamster wheels powering turbines/generators
                I was thinking along lines of dog food but that's an even better idea.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Perhaps forget the concept of complete retirement and pay off the mortgage as quickly as possible and then do a job you like and that isn't too stressful to keep going until you're well into old age, maybe part time.
                  This is exactly my plan. I don't see myself ever stopping working. Everyone I know who's retired disliked it eventually.

My Grand Father worked well into his 70s. Money made from IT is going to enable me to do work that I enjoy without the pressure of needing to achieve, for a long time hopefully. For me, that is all IT can do for me now.

Comment

That's the impression I have. Retirement is gr8 for a while.

I wouldn't mind retiring so I could focus on my music.

Instead of retiring I'm going to get a job on a cruise ship in the Caribbean in a jazz band and play a big white beautifully ornamented jazz guitar, wear a white tuxedo with a dickie bow and drink champagne.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X