• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office for National Statistics - more red tape

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office for National Statistics - more red tape

Anyone else received a mailing "Monthly Inquiries into the Distribution and Services Sector"?

They require you to notify them of monthly turnover every month for 15 months otherwise you may be penalised. Companies are apparently randomly selected and should not be selected more than once in 3 years.

Not at all happy about this!!!!

Dunno anything about this particular endeavour but I know where I used to work back in permie days, one poor woman spent several days a month filling in forms for these people.

Comment

Yeah they got me with that one about 2 years ago - was a total pain in the arse.

After speaking to them they said they only wanted a rough guideline figure for the monthly turnover and I explained as I worked away from home I didn't always get the form in time so they just used to phone me and take the details over the phone was still a pain but only took two minutes.

Comment

Working...
      X