• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeloaders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeloaders

Stuck son's bike in Freeads for £15. Practically new, kid never took to it. Didn't get any takers, and want rid of the thing, so relisted it as a free item.

Got a call today.
    Him "Where are you?"
    Me: "Near Farnborough"
    Him: "I'm in Milton Keynes"
    Me: "Oh, that's a long way"
    Him: "So when can you deliver it?"

WTF? I think I'll just take the thing to the tip.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Stuck son's bike in Freeads for £15. Practically new, kid never took to it. Didn't get any takers, and want rid of the thing, so relisted it as a free item.

Got a call today.
    Him "Where are you?"
    Me: "Near Farnborough"
    Him: "I'm in Milton Keynes"
    Me: "Oh, that's a long way"
    Him: "So when can you deliver it?"

WTF? I think I'll just take the thing to the tip.
    Insure it, buy a cheap bike lock and then leave it outside a newsagents
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Hands up who else thought this was going to be another thread about The Queen.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Aw, you leave her madge alone. She's all right.

Comment

ebay. starting bid of 1p, collection only. let us know what it goes for.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            ebay. starting bid of 1p, collection only. let us know what it goes for.
            Yeah, problem with ebay is that you need to describe every scratch and scuff, or people get arsey.

Comment

Yeah, problem with ebay is that you need to describe every scratch and scuff, or people get arsey.
              Not in my experience, just take some decent photos and explain that it's not in perfect condition.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Not in my experience, just take some decent photos and explain that it's not in perfect condition.
                Might do - will give it till tomorrow and see if anyone phones for it before then.

Comment

Freecyle, always managed to get rid of stuff pretty quickly. People are a tad more responsive and will turn up to take stuff away.

Heck, I even got rid of an old greenhouse, the person who wanted it turned up with tool box and spent six hours taking it down themselves and packed it in the their car.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Aw, you leave her madge alone. She's all right.
                    Madge is Madonna. The Queen is Brenda.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X