• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do while bored on a bank holiday.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do while bored on a bank holiday.

Got a phone call from Microsoft about my Windows machine sending errors back to their servers, I at first thought this was serious so I booted up my machine, which is a MacBook Pro but I felt rude telling the person on the phone that the had wrong information so I booted up a Windows VM and followed their details instructions, doing my best dumb user impression tried to string them on as long as possible.

After 25 mins I thought I was doing well but they rudely hung up on me after I told them I was using Windows 9
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I have now found the most satisfying way to deal with unwanted callers is to put them on hold and play them a nice song.

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      After 25 mins I thought I was doing well but they rudely hung up on me after I told them I was using Windows 9
      You are a source of inspiration!!

I think I'm going to load up Windows 8 ready for when they call me.

Let them work out where the Start button has gone
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My router has been bombarded for weeks by TCP Packets from a Chinese ISP (maybe longer as I was not reading the logs before) and I suspected the peaks were causing me slow internet. This sort of problem has been going on for years apparently.

Sent them an email telling them to sort it and lo and behold the packets have stopped. Just shows the huge influence of xoggoth. Obama, Cameron and co never got anywhere.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X