• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eye of Toad.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye of Toad.

It always happens on a Bank Holiday doesn't it? The youngest one gets a 'baddy finger' which on inspection has swollen to twice it's usual size and is all inflamed.

Rather than call a doctor and wait around all day we went to the local chemist, who took one look and announced we needed a 'drawing poultice' and promptly mixed one from various bottles and jars.

Just 24 hours later, after some god-awful gunk run out from under his finger nail, he's back picking his nose as if nothing had happened.

He's convinced the pharmacist is a wizard who gave him a magic potion, and to be honest I'm pretty impressed with the 'old way' approach this fella took. Maybe we need to go back to some older methods to treat minor illnesses?

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    It always happens on a Bank Holiday doesn't it? The youngest one gets a 'baddy finger' which on inspection has swollen to twice it's usual size and is all inflamed.

Rather than call a doctor and wait around all day we went to the local chemist, who took one look and announced we needed a 'drawing poultice' and promptly mixed one from various bottles and jars.

Just 24 hours later, after some god-awful gunk run out from under his finger nail, he's back picking his nose as if nothing had happened.

He's convinced the pharmacist is a wizard who gave him a magic potion, and to be honest I'm pretty impressed with the 'old way' approach this fella took. Maybe we need to go back to some older methods to treat minor illnesses?
    In that case you should have bled the feckless little time waster and then applied copius amounts of toad juice with a liberal sprinkling of leaches

Far too soft on the youth of today we are

Ps. glad to hear the lads ok
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

Mine had a boil a few years back. Got a similar poultice thing. Didn't get round to applying it, but the next day the boil spewed it's contents and all was well. If we had applied the poultice, we'd have been convinced it had worked wonders.

Comment

Hotbeds of infection, kids.

Does anyone ever get threadworms unless they have young children? So where do they get it from? As I never had mumps I always dreaded my kids bringing it back, but fortunately when they did I still never got it.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          As I never had mumps I always dreaded my kids bringing it back, but fortunately when they did I still never got it.
          Never thought about that one until now.

Bollen Swallocks? No thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X