• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jubilee utter waste of money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jubilee utter waste of money

Please make it stop, anyone who was born into a life of luxury with servants wiping her ass, doesn't need to be celebrated just for not giving up that life. I say we sell all the royals assets and create a "Silicon Valley" in London promoting innovation, with the proceeds. God knows what the press is going to like when the Queen finally kicks the bucket. I am moving abroad asap.
    No - Only someone with AndyW-esque levels of sadness and loniliness would be against it
    69.57%
    Yes - And I resent the AndyW implication
    30.43%

Originally posted by russell View Post
    I am moving abroad asap.
    NOOOO! Stop him! We're all quite happy here in Foreignland without him!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Put a sock in it and let those of us who love our Queen enjoy this special occassion.

As Mel Philips said in her DM column yesterday, she is the glue that holds the fabric of this nation together.

Comment

Its a safe bet the Royal Family bring in more tourism revenue than the cost of the Civil List, I say we keep em, even just to piss you off Russell
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

[QUOTE=russell;1555031]Please make it stop, anyone who was born into a life of luxury with servants wiping her ass, doesn't need to be celebrated just for not giving up that life. I say we sell all the royals assets and create a "Silicon Valley" in London promoting innovation, with the proceeds. God knows what the press is going to like when the Queen finally kicks the bucket. I am moving abroad asap.[/QUOTE]

Jealous traitor :nazi:

nuff said
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            As Mel Philips said in her DM column yesterday, she is the glue that holds the fabric of this nation together.
            What a complete load of pish
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              NOOOO! Stop him! We're all quite happy here in Foreignland without him!
              You don't need to worry Mich, I don't fancy Kazakhstan, but I hear you have many "satisfied" clients.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Put a sock in it and let those of us who love our Queen enjoy this special occassion.

Agree

But I do think we should get rid of some of the extended family of public purse hangers on.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  You don't need to worry Mich, I don't fancy Kazakhstan, but I hear you have many "satisfied" clients.
                  Mich the Tester is the glue that holds the fabric of this nation together

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Its a safe bet the Royal Family bring in more tourism revenue than the cost of the Civil List, I say we keep em, even just to piss you off Russell
                    Tourist would still come, just turn all the properties into museums, not as if any tourists see the actually wastes of spaces anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X