• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you have discover that nobody else seems aware of

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you have discover that nobody else seems aware of

1) Binoculars are actually telescopes. You only see through one lens and the other is added just to double the price. It's why things look so one dimensional. Try it for yourself. Focus on a view then put your hand in front of one of the lenses, you will find it makes no difference.

2) If nothing is coming the other way and a temporary traffic light has a small box on top, flash your lights to change it.

3) Open your scanner and watch the LED bar move across. Now move your eyes rapidly and you will see bright flashes of primary colours.

4) You can keep most flies out a conservatory/greenhouse by using a net with a wide mesh that they could easily get through.

5) If you hurt your right big toe you can get a pain in the b*llox.

Any other brilliant CUK observations welcome.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 5 June 2012, 12:35.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I know about 2) but whoever is in front of me never seems aware.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      1) Binoculars are actually telescopes. You only see through one lens and the other is added just to double the price. It's why things look so one dimensional. Try it for yourself. Focus on a view then put your hand in front of one of the lenses, you will find it makes no difference.

2) If nothing is coming the other way and a temporary traffic light has a small box on top, flash your lights to change it.

3) Open your scanner and watch the LED bar move across. Now move your eyes rapidly and you will see bright flashes of primary colours.

4) You can keep most flies out a conservatory/greenhouse by using a net with a wide mesh that they could easily get through.

5) If you hurt your right big toe you can get a pain in the b*llox.

Any other brilliant CUK observations welcome.
      The vast majority of humanity, including most CUKKERS, are thick as pigtulip.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        The vast majority of humanity, including most CUKKERS, are thicker than pigtulip.
        ftfy
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you lick your finger, then put it into an electric socket, you will get an electric shock. If you cross the fingers of the other hand, you will be safe.
          scientists think its because the electrons form a 'henry field' and the adiabatic lapse rate prevents the ohms from flowing.

same with putting a fork into a toaster. cross your fingers and you will be ok.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you can wear your underwear 4 times without washing:

1. forwards
            2. backwards
            3. inside out forwards
            4. inside out backwards

Comment

No making up things! These must be real genuine discoveries!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

If you lick your finger, then put it into an electric socket, you will get an electric shock. If you cross the fingers of the other hand, you will be safe.
                scientists think its because the electrons form a 'henry field' and the adiabatic lapse rate prevents the ohms from flowing.

same with putting a fork into a toaster. cross your fingers and you will be ok.

Sasguru is one of the self-proclaimed scientists around here - I'll believe you once he has tried these and reported back.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I like my adiabatic lapse rate dry, with an olive....
                  Last edited by Toastiness; 5 June 2012, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    No making up things! These must be real genuine discoveries!
                    oh. ok.

Why this one works, I do not know. But it works :-

When making packet soup, you often end up with a lumpy mess.
                    To make a nice even packet soup, pour the powder into a dry saucepan. Mix in a few drops of water and stir in for about half a dozen stirs.
                    Add a few more drops, stir, and so on. each time increase the drops slightly.

pretty soon you will have a thick paste. continue adding drops and stirring, increasing the amount of water as you go.
                    When you reach the required amount (pint , pint and a half) you will a perfect consistancy soup.

sounds a lot of effort but only takes a couple of minutes in reality

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X