• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of getting rid of the TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of getting rid of the TV

Child TV in back room can stay. Mrs BP has floated idea of getting rid of adult TV. We watch maybe 1 or 2 programs a week - apprentice and HIGNFY at moment. Most of the time we just have on something in the background. Its just drivel and I am not sure why I watch it (okay okay - I am thick. Don't label the point).

Would be nice to replace it with book reading maybe while listening to some youtube stuff. Well I can start on that when I have finished the counting thread of course.

Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=BrilloPad;1555291]Child TV in back room can stay. Mrs BP has floated idea of getting rid of adult TV. We watch maybe 1 or 2 programs a week - apprentice and HIGNFY at moment. Most of the time we just have on something in the background. Its just drivel and I am not sure why I watch it (okay okay - I am thick. Don't label the point).

Would be nice to replace it with book reading maybe while listening to some youtube stuff. Well I can start on that when I have finished the counting thread of course.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Stop posting drivel
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Stop posting drivel
      But I have no other kinds of post!

Are you suggesting I leave cuk?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        But I have no other kinds of post!

Are you suggesting I leave cuk?
        No! It would leave a vacuum that only 2 ATW's and another MF could fill.

Shudder
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

If you have freeview on your TV you have radio. Therefore put the TV on radio mode if you need to leave it on in the background.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No coffee, no drink, too much exercise and now NO TV!

Serial killer in the making alert.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              No coffee, no drink, too much exercise and now NO TV!

Serial killer in the making alert.
              As long as he doesn't become a vegetarian as well.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If you have freeview on your TV you have radio. Therefore put the TV on radio mode if you need to leave it on in the background.
                Alternative buy a radio. Much cheaper than a TV.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Can you post on here with a Samsung Smart TV?

Comment

The TV is rarely on here. If there's something I want to see it's usually there on whatever channel's catch up internet service and there's always YouTube which is better for music in some cases.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X