• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reality TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality TV

Poll to follow...

Who actually watches this genre, be honest now whether it's glorified karaoke or fly on the wall. Get yer comments in too.
    Yes, love the karaoke singers
    5.88%
    Yes, any old fly on the wall crap
    5.88%
    No, detest them all
    64.71%
    AndyW's mum is all the reality I need
    23.53%
    Me, me, me...

Someone has checked the listing to see BB is about to start. I'll be bitching about is soon enough but will look nevertheless.

Comment

What's the definition of reality tv? Does it include shows on cooking, gardening, wildlife etc or are you specifically referring to wannabes singers?

Comment

I do e.joy Come Dine with me.

Don't like anything else in the genre a.d I vs.t bear anything that has celebrities doing stuff whether its cooking, dancing or eating crocodiles ballbags I. The Australian outback.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          What's the definition of reality tv? Does it include shows on cooking, gardening, wildlife etc or are you specifically referring to wannabes singers?
          Didn't think to make it clear

I was getting at the 'talent' shows and BB type stuff.

I'm not quite up to scratch since I don't watch any so not sure what else is out there.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I like laughing at the joke acts on X-Factor but that's about it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In our house the telly is always on. I've tried resisting, but long since given up.
              BBC is husband's channel of choice if there's no sport on, so haven't seen X-factor, but have seen various 'search for a Joseph/Dororthy/Nancy' type stuff, Strictly come dancing, and whatever else they show.
              Quite like DIY SOS (is that reality TV?)

Comment

Would Opportunity Knocks be counted as reality TV or the Generation Game or Antique Road Show?

To me X-Factor is just a talent show I don't know whether this is "reality TV".

I would say Big Brother is a reality TV show or "I'm a star let me out of here".
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 June 2012, 07:15.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I hate reality TV, it's cheap and trashy. I don't invite "people like that" in my house through the front door. No way are they getting into my lounge via the television set.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                  X