• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Message FAO: Milan Benes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Message FAO: Milan Benes

Forgive me for asking you this but you have a reputation as being the CUK king of al fresco cuisine.

Thinking of having an outdoor bread oven so I can do some Arabic bread with my rotisserie chicken.

Do you think I could use ordinary household bricks for this? Could I have a makeshift structure (ie no cement) or would I have to use mortar. Would be good to dismantle it at the end of the summer. Indeed, would I need special heat resistant cement?

TIA Pacha.

You want to use clay.

We made one, similar to the one that Hugh fernly chuntington (whatever) made, and it works an absolute treat. Buy his bread book too, and it explains what to do.

Comment

I picture Pacharan as a prominent member of his local rotary club, discussing barbeques and golf, and swapping gardening tips with all the oher old buffers over their G & Ts.

Well he's a prominent member anyway.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yo Pach,

you need one of those huge clay plant pot things, you just make a small fire in the bottom
        and hang the bread on the inside with wire

seen it done

tastes great

do the marinated shish dawks from the Weber grilling book would be great with that bread

Milan.

Comment

Yo Milan,

My man

What I have in mind is chicken Shawarmas with Arabic bread!

I found an article a while back that describes how to make a homemade doner kebab. I'd obviously substitute the lamb for chicken.

Got a mate coming over from Magaluf in a few weeks time with his Arab wife.

Hope to be able to make her at home with my rotating column of meat ;-)
          Last edited by pacharan; 6 June 2012, 16:01.

Comment

Yo Pach,

it's all in here...

Weber's Way to Grill: The Step-By-Step Guide to Expert Grilling Sunset Books: Amazon.co.uk: Jamie Purviance, Weber Grills: Books

that's all you need

Milan.

Comment

Yo Milan,

I shall duly procure your recommended publication from Amazon forthwith.

Comment

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  You want to use clay.

We made one, similar to the one that Hugh fernly chuntington (whatever) made, and it works an absolute treat. Buy his bread book too, and it explains what to do.
                  Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Yo Pach,

you need one of those huge clay plant pot things, you just make a small fire in the bottom
                  and hang the bread on the inside with wire

seen it done

tastes great

do the marinated shish dawks from the Weber grilling book would be great with that bread

Milan.
                  This clay pot, can't imagine a plant pot is particularly heat proof.

What sort of pot am I after?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                    This clay pot, can't imagine a plant pot is particularly heat proof.

What sort of pot have I been smoking?
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X